Rain System Problems

Kleynie

Hi all,
I purchased a used ReptiRain system from a friend earlier today, she says it has only been used a couple of times, and has been sat for a while. I set it up to test it, and sure enough, the pump sounds like it is working, however, there is no water coming out, which leads me to believe that the internals are blocked. Can anyone suggest a way in which I can unblock the internals without harming Zeus when he drinks from it?
Thanks

If the previous owner was using tap water, than their might be some calcification inside of it. I would recommend putting some vinegar inside of the resistor and try pumping it through the system. If that works start running distilled water throuhg ti until the smell of vinegar goes away. If it does not work, welp..:confused:

Yep that was what I was thinking ^^^^ also if you get it working then only use distilled or Reverse Osmosis (RO) water so it will not get blocked up again. If you can not get it working look into a Mistking starter system. :) And welcome to the forum!

If the previous owner was using tap water, than their might be some calcification inside of it. I would recommend putting some vinegar inside of the resistor and try pumping it through the system. If that works start running distilled water throuhg ti until the smell of vinegar goes away. If it does not work, welp..:confused:
Thank you, I will try that.

Yep that was what I was thinking ^^^^ also if you get it working then only use distilled or Reverse Osmosis (RO) water so it will not get blocked up again. If you can not get it working look into a Mistking starter system. :) And welcome to the forum!
Thank you, for all my chameleon water at the moment, I am using tap water that has reptisafe added.

Thank you, for all my chameleon water at the moment, I am using tap water that has reptisafe added.
So there are all sorts of views on this based on what your local water company puts into it. Just keep in mind if you get this working or get a mistking it will clog up the inner workings really fast. At that point you would want to switch over to the other 2 options. :)

Back
Top Bottom