Raccoons visiting me.

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
I read article that these are good and our called Land Bees. I set up this garbage for them to rip open.

Attachments

• landbees2.JPG
    landbees2.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 95
You can not only get rabies from them you can get baylisascaris and leptospirosis.

Baylisascaris can cause me entities, seizures, etc in humans because the parasites get lost/misdirected in humans.

Leptospirosis is no picnic either.

A few years back I set up a bird feeder so my indoor cat could have some entertainment (cat TV). Then the squirrels came and I set out feeders for them too. One morning the neighborhood ducks paid me a visit and I fed them...got to be a daily routine. Got to where every time I set foot outside, I was being harassed by squirrels or ducks wanting more. When the rats visited from my alcoholic neighbor’s overgrown trashed yard, all feedings stopped.

A few years back I set up a bird feeder so my indoor cat could have some entertainment (cat TV). Then the squirrels came and I set out feeders for them too. One morning the neighborhood ducks paid me a visit and I fed them...got to be a daily routine. Got to where every time I set foot outside, I was being harassed by squirrels or ducks wanting more. When the rats visited from my alcoholic neighbor’s overgrown trashed yard, all feedings stopped.
What, no roaches:LOL:

This is almost my story...except that the rats left when I quit putting food out and the other critters all came back!

No cat though....black and white "cats" scratching at the back door every night looking for a peanut butter sandwich. (Skunks...for those of you who haven't figured it out!)

I live in the UK so dont have to deal with them but I read somewhere they can carry raccoon roundworm. 70% of adult raccoons carry it and 90% of juveniles raccoons.

I live in the UK so dont have to deal with them but I read somewhere they can carry raccoon roundworm. 70% of adult raccoons carry it and 90% of juveniles raccoons.
Yes, but it's spread through contact with infected feces, or soil or water contaminated with infected feces. Same as canine roundworm & other parasites.

So when someone says, "Eat ? and die!" they're really hoping you'll get worms. ?

Back
Top Bottom