Quick Poll for Curiosity

Lol I now realize the community here is pretty awesome, but man... I hated you all at first.
LOL I can see that. We come off very well lets say passionate... and when your new to all this in my opinion at least it is very overwhelming. So you get all these people telling you what is wrong and your sitting there like WTF I really thought I bought the right stuff. Trust me I was there too. I think because we get so many people that come here and don't want to take advice or criticism we can sometimes be too blunt in turn with others which is off putting.

LOL I can see that. We come off very well lets say passionate... and when your new to all this in my opinion at least it is very overwhelming. So you get all these people telling you what is wrong and your sitting there like WTF I really thought I bought the right stuff. Trust me I was there too. I think because we get so many people that come here and don't want to take advice or criticism we can sometimes be too blunt in turn with others which is off putting.
Well some of us are just blunt lol !. Speaking for my self :).

I found this a few days before planned buying? Idk, my Cham Coda

I found this forum after we got our first chameleon, but we recommend this forum to every new chameleon owner now. We added it to our care booklet to use this site for any resources and help.
I have done the same. In fact I urged and stressed the owner of a new female veiled chameleon at work to get on here for more info as females take special care compared to the boys I raise. However now I have people at work wanting me to breed my Panthers so they can have one. I just tell them to find a breeder. I'm in no rush for that step yet. Although I would like to dip my feet in it at least once with at least 1 clutch. Once I told them they were looking at waiting a year they were over it lol.

I came across the site while looking for a quadricornis and bought one a few days later from @ponders . His name is Odin and I still have him to this day! He is such a shy little guy and I love him dearly. I had owned chameleons in the past but admit I was not as knowledgeable as I thought I was regarding their care. I don't post much but I do read everything and have learned so much in the few years that I have been a member.View attachment 241448View attachment 241449View attachment 241450View attachment 241451

Wow! He looks great! Good job, he is perfect!

To anyone who would be willing to share more on this question, I’d be very interested in knowing where else you looked for information, other than Chameleon Forums, and what was the reason why you chose to set up camp here?

To anyone who would be willing to share more on this question, I’d be very interested in knowing where else you looked for information, other than Chameleon Forums, and what was the reason why you chose to set up camp here?
I looked online but so much advice was contradicting to other websites. YouTube was mostly videos where they did not go over real information. Facebook groups were hard to search for detailed info. Found this forum and I found a ton of info. I loved the detail in the blogs and the ability to search past threads. I lurked for 2 months just reading as much as possible and making changes as fast as I found something new that was incorrect. I found out about dragon strand because of this forum then about your podcast. I still learn something new here everyday.

I stayed because of the community. It has become more like my second family. We all have our strengths and passions within the hobby and I love that the people here are willing to share their knowledge and time daily with anyone open to receive it. :)

I was in a number of chameleon groups on facebook but found the information to be more consistent here and the people to be kinder and more experienced.

Every question I posed to Google led me here. Care sheets clear and understandable. Members willing to answer the same questions over & over and (per my perception), never looked down on someone who didn’t know and wanted to learn. I stay to learn more, maybe help others (with my limited knowledge) and most importantly, the people.

I met a few breeders, one recommended this site, I found cf and read every culture post I could find through archives for 2 days, then built my vivs and brought home my babies, all mine were under 2 months when I brought them home.. then signed up here, thank you cf members!! You have helped me tremendously!!!

Back
Top Bottom