Quick Poll for Curiosity

Found the site two weeks b4 I bought larry. I didn’t become a official member till I purchased Imelda off Craigslist, witch was a month later, needed help on how to syringe feed a cham thanks again @Brodybreaux25
8DFDF7EC-1FA0-4FB3-A607-DCC19C145CB5.png

I had chameleons in the past (20-25 years ago, so before the forum), and wanted to get back into it so I found CF last October through a quick google search on chameleon care. I joined in December after lurking a couple months. After 4 months of research and getting my enclosure all setup and running, I found a breeder on here and he shipped my little guy to me at the end of January.

Actually really happy with how this post is going, it's shows that everyone here started differently and that we're always learning.
I learn constantly here! It is one of the things I love about this forum and community. I love reading old threads there is soooooooo much info. The blogs are a fantastic resource as well. I leave the hard threads to members that are far more experienced then I am but I read through and soak up every detail they point out. :)

Actually really happy with how this post is going, it's shows that everyone here started differently and that we're always learning.

That’s one of the reasons I love chameleons so much because there is so much to learn. I just don’t want to learn how to take care of them I want to learn why and how everything works from lighting to supplements to varied diet and not to mention all the amazing stuff about the chams themselves.

I've kept chameleons 10 years or so ago. Been seriously thinking about getting a pair of panthers for the last couple years. Almost done building the cages and have most of the supplies. Found this forum awhile ago and just been reading(listening) since. First post!

Thanks for all the info and guidance.

Agree. Learning so much and not just about chams, but everything that goes along with keeping them. Bugs, plants, lighting, etc. There is always someone out there that knows more than you do about something. I strive to take that knowledge and incorporate it into my obsession for this hobby.

I prepped for my cham for about a year, then found the forums and realized I wasn't even remotely ready. Spent another 2 months getting all new equipment, then brought my little guy home. He came to me far too young and I didnt have a great history on him, I am sure that had I not found the forum I would have absolutely killed my cham due to lack of education. Thank goodness for the forums and the people here who make it the best resource for cham husbandry and education.

Honesty, I’m a reptile fanatic. I used to use my son as an excuse to have them, and trust me, I had it all. So when I bought Lizzie, I didn’t research but for maybe an hour. Went to the store and bought her. Since that day I have not stopped researching. I research at work, I research before I go to bed, while in bed, while the bf is in the bathroom (I won’t use the phone while he’s here, lol) I learned so much from this forum. Why is it different then other sites? Cause it’s consistent. Everyone will mostly tell you the same thing.

I learn constantly here! It is one of the things I love about this forum and community. I love reading old threads there is soooooooo much info. The blogs are a fantastic resource as well. I leave the hard threads to members that are far more experienced then I am but I read through and soak up every detail they point out. :)
Lol I now realize the community here is pretty awesome, but man... I hated you all at first.

Back
Top Bottom