Questions!

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi All! I have some questions about female Chameleons!

1. Carly is approaching 10 months so I was wondering if I needed to start feeding her three times a week instead. Don't want to feed her too less for her size.

2. Don't want to overdust her food, so how much calcium and vitiman powder do I need to put?

3. She was at the bottom of her enclosure for all day Wednesday and went back up to the top at night. Then, Thursday she went back down to the bottom for the entire day and night. Today, nothing was changing so I decided to take her off the branch on the bottom and remove it so she has no way of accessing a branch to stay there. She is now at the top and doing just fine.

Btw, I am working on a lay bin so once I get that in there I will put branches at the bottom again so she has access to it.

My question is: Why do you think she was always at the bottom? She was displaying dark colors as well.

Thanks! Faith 😃

1. Yes it's time to start cutting back on food.
2. Enough so that there is a light dusting. Just make sure they don't look like powdered donuts.
3. At her age she needs a laying bin ASAP. I think she could be getting ready to dig if she is exploring the bottom.

What are her basking temps? Can you post a recent pic of her?

I agree with @Gingero ...get that lay bin in ASAP.
You want to follow the same supplement schedule. When you dust the feeders, it should be a light dusting. If they look like little buggy snowmen, it’s too much.
I’d wait until after her first laying to cut back on her diet. After laying, you’ll feed her well for 2-3 days and then start feeding 3 days/week.

She does not look receptive. But she is showing alot of colors in her gular pouch. I have the sand, just trying to find a good bin the put in there.

I appreciate your feedback @Gingero and @MissSkittles. Will most definitely get the lay bin sorted this weekend.
grassshopper.jpg

@Gingero Carlys basking temps are a little over 80F. I know they should be at 80! But whenever I put my hand under it is warm and I am by no means scorching myself. Pretty surprising because the bulb is a 24W

@Gingero Carlys basking temps are a little over 80F. I know they should be at 80! But whenever I put my hand under it is warm and I am by no means scorching myself. Pretty surprising because the bulb is a 24W
You could lower the branch an inch or two. My ladies temps are around 80-82 at the exact spot I’ve deemed they should bask. However, they usually are a bit off to the side where temps are more like 77-79.

Carly still manages to go upside down! I don't have a direct branch under it. Just under UVB.

Back
Top Bottom