Questions/thoughts about shedding

Curtis James

Established Member
Okay so it's about that time of the month again (i think)

So with that, do chams shed around that same time every month or is it all just random.

I have a veiled Cham around 5-7 months old (but I really have no idea)
This would be our second together, and the first one was not good.. So now I wanna be prepared for it!

image.jpg

Thank you I'm advance

Funny fact of the day, so my Cham hates the color read I just found out recently. I have this digital thermometer and at the end of its red where it reads the temp, I always see him try and bite it he gets aggressive with it. So today my girlfriend tried to pick him up he wouldn't go to her. She then grabbed a branch and he walked right on to, as he walked past her hand he snapped at her finger.(she has red nails today)
Just thought that was something to share.

Ps. Don't forget to smile:)

From what I've read it looks like panther juveniles shed once every 3 weeks from 5months+ up until a year old, by the time they're a year old its probably every month maybe a little longer.Then after that I'm assuming it becomes kinda random. My cham turns into a little whiney baby a day or two before he starts to shed. So I can easily tell; his mood changes drastically.

My cham hates red as well and I always forget to change out of the red when I get home. He'll be all pissy then I'll look down at my shirt and say OHHHHHH no wonder! to myself and go change and he turns back into a happy cham :)

From what I've read it looks like panther juveniles shed once every 3 weeks from 5months+ up until a year old, by the time they're a year old its probably every month maybe a little longer.Then after that I'm assuming it becomes kinda random. My cham turns into a little whiney baby a day or two before he starts to shed. So I can easily tell; his mood changes drastically.

My cham hates red as well and I always forget to change out of the red when I get home. He'll be all pissy then I'll look down at my shirt and say OHHHHHH no wonder! to myself and go change and he turns back into a happy cham :)

Well the last time he had a shed was on may 19th it's started at around 12:00pm

Ha yeah, it now all makes sense with the color red. Ha he such a sassy chameleon, when its bot his way.

I think shedding is random based on growth, they shed when they out grow their current skin, I think.
That's funny about him hating red. I never thought about colors I have on affecting my baby's mood, I'll watch for it, thanks.
And, oh, by the way...is your cham. named Apollo too? Thought I read that somewhere.:)

I think shedding is random based on growth, they shed when they out grow their current skin, I think.
That's funny about him hating red. I never thought about colors I have on affecting my baby's mood, I'll watch for it, thanks.
And, oh, by the way...is your cham. named Apollo too? Thought I read that somewhere.:)

Haha yeah his name is Apollo.

Great minds think alike:)

Back
Top Bottom