Questions about sleep spot

Wildwilson

Established Member
Hey everyone, i was just wondering how many hours your chams go to their sleeping spot before the lights turn off? My cham usually gets up, roams the cage most of the morning and eats and drinks. Then basks for a lot of the evening and then heads down to his sleep spot about 2 to 3 hours before the lights turn off. Je doesnt sleep when hes down there, but he just sits there.

What’s your light schedule? How many hours are they on for? I have mine set for 8am to 8pm. Sometimes he goes to his spot 30 mins early at most, but most often it’s usually only about 5 to 10 minutes before. That is, if he makes his way down there early.

My Chams go to their spot about an hour before lights out but they use to go to their spot a few minutes before lights out. I made the dumb mistake of adjusting their timers when it was daylight savings time.

Last edited:
My schedule is 9 to 9. Do you think i should be concerned?

Honestly, it's always good to be aware and concerned in a sense. If you're saying he doesn't sleep but rather 'sits' or 'lays' that could still pose a problem. However, even if you're husbandry is on point, I personally, would take him to the vet. There might be nothing wrong but then again I would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to our chams.

Back
Top Bottom