Questions about panther locales

Calypratus

Established Member
So sadly my female died around 3 months ago due to my less than ideal husbandry when my dad bought her for my 13th birthday. I I have learned alot since joining the forums, and now have the appropriate setup for a chameleon and am thinking about purchasing another one when I am ready and my parents are ready to cooperate. I have since purchased lots of live plants and (tried) to spice up the viv and make it more naturalistic (it was a disaster). The panther chameleon has caught my eye, and I have been saving up funds to purchase one in summer. My main question is, Does mixing locales ruin the value, and does breeding that chameleon with chameleons of the same locale increase the value? My dad is a real estate agent and one of his current clients is someone who breeds mostly snakes, but had two panthers they were willing to sell, and according to them the babies are a amilobe and nosy be mix. They want to sell them for 700$ each. I want to get the most for my money!

$700 sounds a little high unless they’re coming with a complete setup. I just bought my little Ambilobe panther for $250 and have spent another $500 easy on his set up & this is only his temp cage until he gets a couple months older. Good luck! You’ve came to the right place for information that’s for sure!
As far as the breeding goes, I would assume that babies wouldn’t be worth as much as they would be as full locales, but I’ll leave that to someone that has better knowledge.

They're only selling the baby (no setup), and I already have the setup ready and plan to make some small improvements before getting a chamleon

You’re in NC? I could recommend a guy that is in Asheville as well, that’s who I purchased mine from... happy to have someone local to me!

do you know if he ships? Both my parents work full time, and in general we don't have much time on our hands to make a 3 hour drive

Do you guys know of any good online vendors? Kammerflage kreations seems pretty good from what i've seen

I'm still thinking about so many possibilities... If I get a panther and something happens in the shipping process, that's hundreds of dollars down the drain, but if I get a veiled this coming reptile expo I will atleast get to make sure it get's home safe

Back
Top Bottom