questions about jacksons

caroline?

Avid Member
hi so as most of you know 4 months ago i got a female jackson from a local reptile shop and 5 days later she had babies.. anyways i found out that the shop is keeping adult male and female chameleons together, dose that seem weird to any of you???

Also ive been struggling with the night drop in my cages. should i put a fan by the cages or leave my window open at night? or is their other ways to get the drop?
my cages are usually about 70 degrees at night and i believe it's supposed to be quite a bit lower.

They definitely shouldn’t have any chameleons sharing a cage, let alone opposite genders! Guess you found out how your girl got pregnant. Can’t help with her husbandry though, sorry!

hi so as most of you know 4 months ago i got a female jackson from a local reptile shop and 5 days later she had babies.. anyways i found out that the shop is keeping adult male and female chameleons together, dose that seem weird to any of you???

Also ive been struggling with the night drop in my cages. should i put a fan by the cages or leave my window open at night? or is their other ways to get the drop?
my cages are usually about 70 degrees at night and i believe it's supposed to be quite a bit lower.
put a couple of frozen waterbotles in their cage, you help some. try to get a ac.

Some find swamp coolers really helpful but the ac works best. The frozen water bottles or ice packs work great too but take daily maintenance. I also added some ice cubes on top of the enclosure to help drop the temp. This was also my greatest challenge, but now I’ve just been freezing my family with the ac, had to buy fleece sweaters and sweatpants for the fam but she’s worth it. 🥰

They definitely shouldn’t have any chameleons sharing a cage, let alone opposite genders! Guess you found out how your girl got pregnant. Can’t help with her husbandry though, sorry!
well the shop i got her from only had her for a few weeks so she got pregnant before they had her, and when i called them saying she had babies they said "well she was with a male for a few days about a week ago"
so they basically told me that she was pregnant for 2 weeks 🤣 so she's been kept with males twice then

Back
Top Bottom