Questionable Behavior

MOsKeeper

So i have a Veiled Chameleon, about 6 to 7 months old, and about a week ago he started acting very odd. Hes constantly going up and down his vines from basking to his substrait floor to dig. i figured he was just trying to get out of his cage because he tried to excape through hi top a few times before i fixed it. Also, he has been shedding for over 2 weeks now. My main worry is the digging thing, i just wanted to know if that was a natural thing. and before someone says anything, he is a male, he has spurrs on the back of his legs.

Why do you have substrate in your cage? You should not have any substrate as your chameleon can injest it. I would get rid of that now. If you say it has the spurs, then yes it is a male so I guess you have to rule out the egg laying thing.

Can you please fill out the how to ask for help form? There may be a few other husbandry problems that we can help you with.

Digging in what way? Does it appear that he is trying to dig a hole, or that is he scratching all around the edges like he is trying to escape?

Is the cage of adequate size? Is it possible he can see another chameleon? Is it possible that he is reaching sexual maturity and he is wanting to "roam" and find a mate? Is the temperature gradient good?

No, i dont have any other chameleons. i do have two creested geecko's which is on the same side that hes digging, but i dont think he can see them.

Back
Top Bottom