Question...

chameleon97

I'm going camping for a week. I put 50 crix in a container in the cage. Will she eat them all? Theyre smalls, but would 50 small crickets hurt Lucy? Please Reply fast... we're leaving today!!!

EDIT:I made some drainage holes... but now some (little tiny ones) are escaping. Should i put carrot in the cage so they dont eat Lucy??

THIS IS URGENT i'm going soon!

What type of cham is she and how old? They could, but you are right, by keeping food in there they are probably les likely to bother her. What are you doing for hydration while you are gone? A week is quite a bit of time to have no one there to check on her.

What about a dish of supers? That way they could not escape to harm her at all. Of course you would have to provide food for them to.

What type of cham is she and how old? Veiled, about 1 year
What are you doing for hydration while you are gone?
Mist King
A week is quite a bit of time to have no one there to check on her.
We're coming back on Wed. but thats it.
What about a dish of supers? That way they could not escape to harm her at all. Of course you would have to provide food for them to.
Okay. I will

Thanks!

-Steve

Be careful.
If you dump 50 of them in (free range) they may find little to eat and pick at your cham overnight while it's sleeping.

You can make a simple hole in the top of a deli cup and leave the crickets in that with some food. Sort of an enclosed dish or container of crickets with an opening the cham can sit over and pick them off from.

What about hydration/water for the time away?

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Be careful.
If you dump 50 of them in (free range) they may find little to eat and pick at your cham overnight while it's sleeping.

Theyre not freeranged

You can make a simple hole in the top of a deli cup and leave the crickets in that with some food. Sort of an enclosed dish or container of crickets with an opening the cham can sit over and pick them off from.

The crickets are in one of those milk jug feeder cups........ I cant post a pic now. Only little tiny ones are escaping. They Probably wont bother her.

What about hydration/water for the time away?

I Have a mistking

-Steve

PS. Can anyone answer question 1? Thats what i wonder most. Will she eat them all at once?

If she is anything like my veiled, she will eat as much as she can pack in, and then be irritated by the remainder. I suppose thats OK as long as you do it rarely. From what I've read, chams can go about two days w/o food, so the crix should hold her while you are gone.
Since it is a veiled, maybe try less crikets, and add some leafy greens?

Back
Top Bottom