question about the bottom of the cage

jeremylee33

would it be ok to use anti-bacterial absorbent puppy pads at the bottom of the cage to collect the extra water and anything else

you just have to be careful because you never know what your chameleon might take a liking to and try and eat. If they are plastic I would say no. My chameleon was chewing on a plastic fake toucan I have in my tiki bar. Go figure!!...... Best to leave the cage floor bare and catch the water with a shallow container that your chameleon could crawl out of if it fell in or figure out some type of drainage. I mean being on the bottom of the cage you probably would be safe as they don't hang out on the cage floor too often, but why take the chance is what I say!!!!.

you just have to be careful because you never know what your chameleon might take a liking to and try and eat. If they are plastic I would say no. My chameleon was chewing on a plastic fake toucan I have in my tiki bar. Go figure!!...... Best to leave the cage floor bare and catch the water with a shallow container that your chameleon could crawl out of if it fell in or figure out some type of drainage. I mean being on the bottom of the cage you probably would be safe as they don't hang out on the cage floor too often, but why take the chance is what I say!!!!.

I second the "why take the chance".
But more so I feel that with the amount of water you need to make a cham happy and healthy, a drainage system is the only way to go.
Maybe its because I started with a water loving jacksons, but it just seems to be the best option all around.
The water falls straight through a few holes in the bottom of my cage, collects into a bin, and I just empty the bin once a week. I like the bottom of my cage bare and clean. All I have to do is wipe up poo, and toss out fallen leaves. Doesnt get any easier in my book;)

Back
Top Bottom