Question about my eggs.

Bigsease30

Hello, I have a batch of eggs that were laid 12/27. They are in an incubator set at 79 degrees. Water is in the bottom of the incubator to keep the humidity in check. The eggs are in plastic deli bowls with a few small holes in the side laying in hatchrite bedding. I usually check them once a week visually but I watch the temperature everyday. I started to notice that some of the eggs are changing colors. I dont see any mold but I can clearly see blood vessels. What is going on? BTW this is my first try at breeding.

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

I'm just guessing, as those eggs do not seem normal.

Maybe a lack in calcium in your female's diet. Since the shells are made of calcium, they are normally quite similar to a chicken's egg..all white, not see through. you can see the blood vessels which means its fertile. Knowing this, i would not let them see light because they have no protection from light. (if you can see inside the egg, it means that all ur light goes in there)

I have 3 clutches of veiled eggs incubating now. None of the eggs look like that.

I'd just wait and see what happens.. just don't take them out into the night.. what i do to check my eggs is do it at night, with the light turned off and with a small flash light. Therefore they are not exposed to very strong light and are not exposed to potential harm.

I'm just guessing, as those eggs do not seem normal.

Maybe a lack in calcium in your female's diet. Since the shells are made of calcium, they are normally quite similar to a chicken's egg..all white, not see through. you can see the blood vessels which means its fertile. Knowing this, i would not let them see light because they have no protection from light. (if you can see inside the egg, it means that all ur light goes in there)

I have 3 clutches of veiled eggs incubating now. None of the eggs look like that.

I'd just wait and see what happens.. just don't take them out into the night.. what i do to check my eggs is do it at night, with the light turned off and with a small flash light. Therefore they are not exposed to very strong light and are not exposed to potential harm.

Thanks for the info. When the eggs were laid up until 2 weeks ago they were all white. Some of the eggs are changing colors to the transparent look. Will the light hurt them? I have read that the light will not bother them at all? In any case, I will make sure from now on to only look at them in the dark with minimal light.

Thanks

Eggs should be incubated in the dark. It won't hurt them to be looked at in the light as long as you don't leave them out in the light for too long or leave the lid off the container for too long.

I might be that you are losing them (its too early for them to get "windows")...but I would continue to incubate them until they show definite signs that they are no good.

Hope I'm wrong!

hi, im new here on the site, though found this to be very interesting so did a little research for you and found this= https://www.chameleonforums.com/veiled-eggs-they-going-hatch-soon-17690/
what i seem to have found is it is a calcium problem though dosnt meen thay wont hatch as you will see from the link above. Well I wish you all the best with them and let us know how you get on?

Thanks for the information guys. I coat every other meal with rep-cal calcium. She did lay 56 eggs. Only half look like this. The other half looks normal. Maybe that it why as well?

Thanks again!

David

Back
Top Bottom