Question about mites. Please help

iTsJusTMe

So today I picked up a Money tree for a soon to be enclosure I'm working on for my future Ambilobe. When I came home I noticed small holes in the leaves and was told that it was from plant mites. Soon as heard mites I got scared :confused: My question is will zoo meds mite spray also work for plant mites or is there a spray that is for plant mites that is reptile friendly? Any advice to resolve this would be great, I really want to use this tree because its sturdy and perfect size for my enclosure. Thanks for your time and here are some pics of this tree :)

Attachments

• 20130710_213717.jpg
    20130710_213717.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20130710_213741.jpg
    20130710_213741.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 104
Zoo meds mite off spray says it penetrates and disrupts simple organisms like mites. So it should work on all mites without effecting the plant.

Zoo meds mite off spray says it penetrates and disrupts simple organisms like mites. So it should work on all mites without effecting the plant.

Ok so another question are plant mites and reptile mites the same type of mite? I'm a little uneducated on this but I'm planning to learn somewhere haha.

Those aren't the kind of mites that will infect a chameleon... Those are more like nats or something. I am not positive but I have had bugs on my house plants before and they have never affected my reptiles. Heck, the babies have even eaten the small little flies lol!

Ok so they're not the same I take it, I'm just going to spray the tree with this insectical soap. It says that its garden safe but I'll still give the tree a wash down before using it in my enclosure.I will be getting some of that zoo med spray and will be using that too.... just to be safe.... Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 20130711_002835.jpg
    20130711_002835.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom