Question about chameleon pairs

hi guys, im just wondering if i buy chameleon pair online, does that mean they are siblings and will never fight? if so, then is it possible to keep them in one cage forever or do i have to separate them in the future? will they ever fight with each other?

it doesn't matter if they're related. they're still going to fight no matter what. each chameleon needs its own cage.

indeed most chameleons hate each other even if they grow up together, with some acceptions, both my chams were so nice to each other till my veiled cham out grew my panther and bullied him

I heard that sometimes they're chill, as long as they both respect the others space, but never ever in the same cage. I had a friend who had two, and he held one on each shoulder and they wouldn't fire up

I heard that sometimes they're chill, as long as they both respect the others space, but never ever in the same cage. I had a friend who had two, and he held one on each shoulder and they wouldn't fire up

They claim terrorory in their cages. So if they are out of their element (like on shoulders) they will be less like to flare up. This is why most breeders put the female in the males cage(so she won't chase him off) or putt them both in a completely new cage so they are both out of there element.

Some chameleons can be housed together like pgymies, rudis, and meller's

They claim terrorory in their cages. So if they are out of their element (like on shoulders) they will be less like to flare up. This is why most breeders put the female in the males cage(so she won't chase him off) or putt them both in a completely new cage so they are both out of there element.

Yeah that's how it was. They looked at each other like "hey, whats up" and that was the end of it, unless they were being partners in crime lol :rolleyes: That's cool! I didn't know about the breeding thing. My boyfriends sister and her husband are going to breed next year, so I'll be learning a lot about breeding. It's exciting all the new stuff I learn here :D lol.

Back
Top Bottom