Quarantine and Space Problems

theresaintucson

I have to quarantine one of my chams because he tested positive for coccidia. I am treating him for it. My problem is I have no other room I can put him in to keep him away from my other chams. I CAN move him to the other side of my studio, which is a good 20 feet away.
If I'm careful washing and get supplies for use just with him, would that help? Suggestions are appreciated.

Are you cleaning with hydrogen peroxide? (The heavy duty fancy stuff, not the grocery store kind.) If you wear gloves, use separate tools for him, take care of him last, clean yourself and the cage well, and change clothes when necessary you might be able to do it. Just be extra careful. Don't touch anything once you've started touching his stuff. Not even a counter. Don't set the tools down anywhere that isn't specifically designated for them and that is cleaned with the cage. It also helps if you only use fake stuff very minimally so it's easier to clean.

Coccidia is hard to get rid of. You have to go "meningitis-hospital-status" to get rid of it.

Are you cleaning with hydrogen peroxide? (The heavy duty fancy stuff, not the grocery store kind.) If you wear gloves, use separate tools for him, take care of him last, clean yourself and the cage well, and change clothes when necessary you might be able to do it. Just be extra careful. Don't touch anything once you've started touching his stuff. Not even a counter. Don't set the tools down anywhere that isn't specifically designated for them and that is cleaned with the cage. It also helps if you only use fake stuff very minimally so it's easier to clean.

Coccidia is hard to get rid of. You have to go "meningitis-hospital-status" to get rid of it.

I got my peroxide from a Walgreens. Just to be safe I'll get some from the beauty supply store. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom