quads (captive hatched vs LTC wild-caught)

Next up is Pablo, a cbb beauty. Thankfully I didn't have to think of a name for him. :D I bought him from Ryan in CA. Ryan did a wonderful job raising him. Pablo was hatched by Laurie. Laurie, I forgot, can you tell us the names of the father and mother of Pablo and when he hatched? Pablo is about 15 months old.

Perry

Happy is adorable, and Pablo is stunning! It's like he posed specifically for those photos!

Wow! He's stunning Tylene! So, has Nero fathered any clutches? I'd like to get all of this straight, keeping track of bloodlines, who's related to who, etc. As I've mentioned to Laurie and others before, I'm not good at keeping records all in one place. I don't have a single folder, either electronic or otherwise, where I have all of this info together. It would be good to have it in one place. If not here, then in a more formal format. I'd like to see as many people's potential breeders for the collective effort. If future exchanges of bloodlines are to take place, having a place to view the quads in the breeding "program" would be a good thing.

Perry

Nero has not fathered any clutches yet. He doesn't seem interested at the moment, but Tylene has been loaning him to me since November (?). Hopefully when the seasons change he'll get in the mood, haha.

Here are two pics of him I took this past weekend :)

Here Fynn is having a rendezvous with a male I got from you, Perry.
This is Jake and he is 18 months old here. Fynn just laid these eggs the other day, 19 perfect ones:D

Besides those 19 eggs (Wow! 19? That has me wondering what's the largest clutch of quad eggs someone has ever experienced or known of.), how many other clutches has Jake fathered?

Perry

Is the mother still alive and do you know if she had a name and what it was?

Perry

I don't think she is still around. She was confiscated by Fish & Game at the AZ border, so we can call her Arizona.

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. They are an awesome species to work with.

Besides those 19 eggs (Wow! 19? That has me wondering what's the largest clutch of quad eggs someone has ever experienced or known of.), how many other clutches has Jake fathered?

Perry

This is his first clutch laid. I did breed him to another female I got from Laurie, but she hasn't laid hers yet.

Fynn laid 21 eggs one time, but 4 were infertile.

Wow- this thread has beautiful pictures!

Ponders- is there a link somewhere to a larger version of your avatar pic? Is that a watercolor you painted yourself? I like!

Wow- this thread has beautiful pictures!

Ponders- is there a link somewhere to a larger version of your avatar pic? Is that a watercolor you painted yourself? I like!

Thanks! It's an app called Waterlogue. It takes your picture and watercolors it. It is so much fun. I have one of my female quad that turned out really nice. I'll post it when I get to my ipad.

Sorry guys, I wrote the response but never hit post.Yes Bob and Perry you have brothers from the same clutch. There is also a younger clutch out there. Nero did not come from me. I think Tylene raised him.

I'm really bad about not naming some of my reptiles. I don't name my fish either but that doesn't make me a bad person or any less caring. ;) However, I'm determined to make more of an effort to name my quads because it will be easier to keep track of who's related to who.

So, first off, I'll simply start referring to the 5-horned male, now deceased, pictured in my avatar as "Cinco". He is the father of what I call my bloodline B and is the father to the two females that Bill got from me. I don't know what happened to them so if anyone knows, I'd like to know too. At the beginning of this thread, I gave the mother to those two females the name "Happy". However, I had sometimes called her "Miss Piggy" because she sometimes has what seems to be a never ending appetite. She injured her tongue over a year ago and ever since then, I've had to hand feed her, often getting bitten in the process. From now on, I'll default to her "original" name and start referring to her as "Miss Piggy" because it seems to be a name that fits. :)

Now, concerning the parents of Jake, I'll start referring to them simply as "Herman" and "Rosie". They were the parents to my "bloodline A". Jake is a younger brother (different clutch) to a female I currently have. I'll call her "Gracie". I'll post a photo of her a little later. She is 2 years and 9 months old (the clutch she was from hatched between 4/30 to 5/3/2012). Jake would have hatched from a clutch that started hatching on March 6, 2013. So, this March, he'll be 2 years old. The 2 females that Bill got from me (whose mother is Miss Piggy and whose father is Cinco), hatched between March 22nd and March 25th, 2013. Again, anyone who might know the fate of those two girls, please let me know. Thanks

Perry

Thanks! It's an app called Waterlogue. It takes your picture and watercolors it. It is so much fun. I have one of my female quad that turned out really nice. I'll post it when I get to my ipad.

Here is the female in watercolor:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 153
Attached is a photo of Gracie. She is the older sister to Jake. Her parents were Herman and Rosie. She hatched between 4/30/12 to 5/03/12. Whenever she was introduced to a male (two different cbb males), even though she took on a receptive coloration and posture, neither male mated with her so she's never laid a clutch.

Perry

Attachments

• Gracie.jpg
    Gracie.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 178
Back
Top Bottom