My chameleon has become lathargic in the last 2 days

Wow. The chameleon academy link is so informative. I’m very fortunate I found this group. I’m getting her lay bin in there as we speak and I hope it’s not too late. I’ve only been a chameleon owner for a month so this is like drinking from a firehose. Thank you for the support.
It very much is like drinking from a firehose in the beginning. It is a lot of info and it is difficult to navigate through it all. Cham academy is a blessing for all newbies. Really delivers the basics of everything in a thought out easy to understand way. Just let us know if you have any questions and we can go from there.

I am glad that your getting the lay bin in... Do not disturb her if she starts digging. Like at all. dig a test tunnel first as well to make sure it is holding right. If she is eggbound it is extremely important that she is able to lay them while she has some strength left. Otherwise the chance of her declining and dying is high.

It very much is like drinking from a firehose in the beginning. It is a lot of info and it is difficult to navigate through it all. Cham academy is a blessing for all newbies. Really delivers the basics of everything in a thought out easy to understand way. Just let us know if you have any questions and we can go from there.

I am glad that your getting the lay bin in... Do not disturb her if she starts digging. Like at all. dig a test tunnel first as well to make sure it is holding right. If she is eggbound it is extremely important that she is able to lay them while she has some strength left. Otherwise the chance of her declining and dying is high.

I got the egg lay bin in there this evening. I gave the whole terrarium an overhaul, but kept things simple for a couple of days. I feel I need more vines and height for her but I do feel better knowing the egg lay bin is there. I really hope she notices it. I put her in it but she immediately made her way upwards so I'll let it be for a bit and go from there.

I mentioned that I have her lay bin in the terrarium now. I've tried to show her the bin a few times now, but she shows no interest and just climbs to the top and stays there and doesn't move. She ate 4 crickets quickly and well today (I didn't feed her yesterday), but has no interest in moving at all. She's alert, she's clamped on with all 4 claws but just isn't moving anywhere. Is there any way I should be enticing her to go to her lay bin?

I mentioned that I have her lay bin in the terrarium now. I've tried to show her the bin a few times now, but she shows no interest and just climbs to the top and stays there and doesn't move. She ate 4 crickets quickly and well today (I didn't feed her yesterday), but has no interest in moving at all. She's alert, she's clamped on with all 4 claws but just isn't moving anywhere. Is there any way I should be enticing her to go to her lay bin?
She knows it’s there and when she is ready, she’ll go to it.

Hello all, Pandora appears to be better to some level. She's moving around the terrarium a bit but not as much as when I got her. Vet had prescribed an antibiotic and an inflammatory. The antibiotic is done, but the anti-inflammatory is still for another 2 weeks.

I believe she's on the mend, but she did not lay eggs, however, has released some 'gunk'? It's the best way to describe it. Also, today, her urite dropping was huge (bigger than poo), just curious if you've seen that before. My sense is that she feels better after that however. Anyway, just wanted to let you know she appears to be on the mend. I'm happy to have a permanent lay bin in there and seeing her move around, even just a bit is nice.

Eating well and drinking a bit of water these days.

REgards,
Ted

Hello all, Pandora appears to be better to some level. She's moving around the terrarium a bit but not as much as when I got her. Vet had prescribed an antibiotic and an inflammatory. The antibiotic is done, but the anti-inflammatory is still for another 2 weeks.

I believe she's on the mend, but she did not lay eggs, however, has released some 'gunk'? It's the best way to describe it. Also, today, her urite dropping was huge (bigger than poo), just curious if you've seen that before. My sense is that she feels better after that however. Anyway, just wanted to let you know she appears to be on the mend. I'm happy to have a permanent lay bin in there and seeing her move around, even just a bit is nice.

Eating well and drinking a bit of water these days.

REgards,
Ted
Urate can be larger if they are holding them. Pretty common when they are not eating as much. Or not passing fecal. With her being on meds it does not surprise me either. What color was the urate?

Urate can be larger if they are holding them. Pretty common when they are not eating as much. Or not passing fecal. With her being on meds it does not surprise me either. What color was the urate?
Thanks Beman, it was normal cream/white. No unusual colouring to it.

Thanks Beman, it was normal cream/white. No unusual colouring to it.
Perfect, it would still be ok if it had some yellow/orange as well. Not uncommon when they are larger and not producing them as often. Hopefully once she is off the meds the urates return to a normal size.

Back
Top Bottom