Quadricornis vs Montium

smpliprfct

Quadricornis vs Montium

I love both types of these chams and hope to someday (when I am absolutely prepared) become a proud owner. What I want to know is the difference between these two chams, is one rarer than the other, which is kept by people more often, husbandry....pretty much whatever i can learn. From my untrained eye they look almost exactly the same, maybe different horns on the males?

I am no where near close to purchasing one, but extremely curious. I have a jackson's that is thriving, and as a montane cham, how similar is a xanth's husbandry to either a quad or montium which i understand are montanes as well?

thanks! he is about 7-8 months and doing great. amazingly he loves to hand feed. I love his shy and calm disposition, which is the complete opposite of my young panther.

Hi!! i have both species and i keep like very similar.. i just keep Quads with more umidity and a temperature little lower.. Montium are very very shy chamaeleons, Quads are more confidential!! before you'll buy them learn all that you can from books and internet because they need a lot of experience!!

Hi!! i have both species and i keep like very similar.. i just keep Quads with more umidity and a temperature little lower.. Montium are very very shy chamaeleons, Quads are more confidential!! before you'll buy them learn all that you can from books and internet because they need a lot of experience!!

couldn't be better said with less words !

You can do your research on Quads on the internet but unfortunately there is not much out there, what you find it pretty much the same 3 -4 paragraphs just phrased slightly different. This is the best place to get advice from people that have Chams and have had different experiences with both keeping them and breeding them.

As far as the two types you are inquiring about, we have successfully hatched CB Quadricornis and have a few babies that we kept (6 months old) and a few eggs that we are hoping to hatch in the next 2 months or so but we have not had any experience with Montiums. Montiums look rather interesting and I am sure that they are just as fun to have as Quads. You are going about everything the right way, it is very nice to see that people research and discuss purchasing certain types of Cham before they just jump into it.

Thanks
Michelle and Josh

thanks for the replies everyone! yes, owning one of these amazing species is definitely not in the near future for me, i am just so captivated by how unique they are! horns, sail-fins, awesome scales and colors! One day, when i am good a ready... thanks everyone for sharing your experiences with these chams. and michelle and josh, i couldn't agree more - without these forums i would have just read the same three or four paragraphs over and over again on the internets, and good luck with your eggs!

Back
Top Bottom