Qestion on water

Pure said:
Because I am good enough to be able to pull these accurate numbers out of thin air huh?? I guess these are big a** staws. Reading is fundamental. http://www.zephyrhillswater.com/KnowH2O/OurSources.aspx In that link you will find another link to this PDF link. On page seven they show an overview of the water treatment that they use. Yes they do filter it. But no where on that page does it say that this filtration is RO. IF they used RO there would be no need for the UV sterilization that is the following process after the "filtration" And to quote them directly from that PDF about their filtration.

Quote: Specialized two-stage advanced micro-filters, designed specifically for our process, filter the raw spring water

These filters are pharmaceutical grade and are designed to removed particles as small as 0.2 micron in diameter.

No where does it mention reverse osmosis.

I'm not to one trying to argue. I'm telling you you are wrong. Plain and simple.

If they had RO the only impurities remaining would be nitrates. It takes deionization to removed nitrates. And their TDS would be much much lower. Usually TDS of RO from a membrane that is working correctly should be around .05 ppm.

And yes I know a little something about this from my old very old job, but even more so in the fact that I've been dealing with these issues on a massive level, having needing 5 RO units to supply over 2000 gallons of water I had in my tanks in my last hobby.

I checked a bottle of Zeph and can't find the RO label like I remembered. For some reason I was 100% sure I saw it on there. I did find RO treated on several bottle water manufacturers, but who knows what they mean by "treated." Humbly, I stand corrected.

Were you into reef/pred. tanks?

NP. I'm sure some bottled water is RO filtered. I know of at least one. But like I said if it is, it says so on the bottle.

I was breeding fish, primarily South American fish, specializing in Plecos.

Back
Top Bottom