pygmy leaf cham

Lol, just found this. I am indeed a she. ;) Thanks all for the compliments. :D

This is definitely the best caresheet on Pygmy chameleons: http://www.chameleonnews.com/05DecRouthouska.html

Right now pygmies are very difficult to find because they are not bred in captivity in any quantity so all the pygmies are wild caught from their native range in Tanzania. Well exportation of animals from Tanzania has been closed and banned for some times now and we're not sure when or if it will open again. If you can find them then great! But they're scarce right now. I have 5 adults hoping to get some babies, but the chemistry doesn't seem to be right in my group so far...

hello ferret i have heard so much abut you lol :p

and thanks for the info i will have to read it tomorrow for sure

or it could have been Rieppeleon brevicaudatus im not sure
Yea, i mainly see brevs. But as a whole they are less common in the trade. Im looking for a pair myself.

But what i would really love to get my hands on is a pair or trio of Brookesia decaryi

Check these out..;)

Brookesia perarmata and especially Brookesia vadoni

If these are everrrr coming into the US. I WANT INNN!!!

oh crap the Brookesia perarmata looks like a croc skink,horny toed lizard and a cham put together

and the Brookesia vadoni just looks crazy i want one lol

and also i saw that the care sheet said that they do good in tanks is that true? and what is the minimum size enclosure? i already have an idea on how to set up the cage kind of like my darts but with vines to climb on

any body? ....

Well I don't keep pygs but every set up I've seen has been a tank and everyone agrees that I have read it is correct.

I believe something like 7 gallons of space per pyg is what most recommend.

my personal thought is 1 male and 2 females per 20 gallons of size maybe someone with more experience can correct this?

Tanks work very well for pygmies. They like to break all the rules of chameleon keeping. ;) My rule is 10 gallons for the first Pygmy and then 5 gallons for each one after that. So if you have a trio then that's about 7 gallons per pyg like Dan said. The exoterras work really well for pygs.

Back
Top Bottom