Pygmy help please D:

Hmm, just so you know, that's not a R. brevicaudatus. That's actually a Rhampholeon Temporalis chameleon (Usambara Pitted Pygmy). I'm pretty sure their care is about the same as brevs. I like your setup and your little cham is very cute nonetheless! :)

really?
thats nice to know.
is it an adult already?
or still not done growing?
wow. this forum has so many knowledgable people :D

Looks like an adult to me. I don't know much about this species but from what I quickly researched they are less tolerant of high temperatures than brevs are so I'd make sure they never get into the 80s. The tail looks pretty long, which makes me think male, but I don't know for sure, I'm not very familiar with temporalis. Hopefully now that you know the right species you can find some info on them though. :)

an adult already?
this ones about an inch in a half.
i read they can reach almost 4 inches.
i think the pics are a bit decieving. ill do some research on them though.
thanks so much for all the help

Looks like males are generally a little smaller than females with an average of about 3.2-3.5 inches. Males have an enlarged tail base like some of the larger species. It was a little hard to tell from the pic you posted but I'd say it looks female compared to the few images I've seen. Temps and humidity ranges are the same as brevs - mid 70s for temp and around 70% humidity. So yours may still be a young one with some growing to do, especially if the person you got them from was right about them 6 months old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom