Pygmy Exo - 60x45x60cm

Tazjunky

So here is my new exo set-up for my new pygmy that arrive tomorrow.

2x trios - Kenyans and Bearded:D

IMAG0123.jpg

That's a very nice looking tank! If it were me I would add lots of small sticks and twigs for them to climb on. The more little highways you have the more you will see them! My brevs prefer the sticks to climbing on the plants themselves.

You're not planning on keeping the two species together in one tank are you?

Yes-my question is why are you mixing? 2 males of those guys are bound to stress each other and or hurt each other.

Still have some twigs and highways to go in do there will be plenty of walkways and places to hide. Still have a couple of fake plants to hang from the centre of the tank so should look good once its done.

Yes they were going to be in the same tank as that is how the breeder is keeping them, but to be honest, I think they are all brevs judging by the pics I have. No noticeable differences at all.

If they are not all brevs you definitely should not mix them. Kenyans are more aggressive to other species. Even if they are all brevs you should not have multiple males in a cage that size. Your tank is about 33 gallons I believe, and the rule of thumb is 10 gallons for each cham you want to put in there. 6 is too many, and more than one male is way too many regardless unless the tank is about twice that size and densely planted. The males will fight and stress each other out to the point of making themselves sick. Might want to only get half of what you're planning on if you just want one tank...

Well then that worked out perfectly! If you start to see signs of stress however it may mean they're overcrowded. Just be on the lookout for it.

Will do! have kept pygmy before. Problem is now I cant find them in this tank!lol. all settled in nicely and drank/ate so pleased about that. all settled for their first night. :)
Got my lab sample bottles ready for Faecals and Reptaid to give them a boost tomorrow once they are settled a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom