Pygmy Enclosure Near Completion!

Hakai

So I'm gonna grab some real plants and worm cultures but I couldn't wait to post. Took a few days cuz I had to let silicone dry a few times. This is my first pygmy enclosure that will be home to either 1.1 or 0.2 brevs (most likely). I also made these cool ladders out of some sticks I baked and silicone glued together. What do you guys think? What are your favorite plants and cultures to use for pygmy enclosures? I would like to put something that flowers in there if possible.

Attachments

• pygmy.jpg
    pygmy.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 352
Looks good. Maybe add a Pothos for some more greenery. As for flowering, I love the tillandsia cyanea I have in my crested gecko viv, although it may be to big for that enclosure.

Looks good. Maybe add a Pothos for some more greenery. As for flowering, I love the tillandsia cyanea I have in my crested gecko viv, although it may be to big for that enclosure.

Cool thanks. Yeah I'm a little limited on my plant choice cuz its a pretty small enclosure.

Hmmm.. I have an empty tank like this at home. Thanks for inspiring me to get some pygmys in the near future lol

for some reason the first pic didnt work, here they are.

Attachments

• ladderfoo.jpg
    ladderfoo.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 208
Ben, It looks good.

I would just add some live plants to it, HD and Lowes are getting ready for their tropical plant sale, so keep your eyes peeled and have your safe plant list ready, because sometimes you can score some sweet deals!

Im sure your aware, but its crucial to have everything setup well ahead of time, to monitor humidty and temperature and make sure everything is set!

Ben, It looks good.

I would just add some live plants to it, HD and Lowes are getting ready for their tropical plant sale, so keep your eyes peeled and have your safe plant list ready, because sometimes you can score some sweet deals!

Im sure your aware, but its crucial to have everything setup well ahead of time, to monitor humidty and temperature and make sure everything is set!

Awesome! I'll be sure to check that out. And yeah I'm aware, tryna get the cultures settled in to so I'm tryna get them asap

Here's mine. I have some small diameter branchy twigs in the center that are hard to see. I'm trying to decide on using more twigs or the small bend a vine. Haven't decided yet. I also need some leaf litter.
The orchid on the tree fern plaque isn't permanently attached, yet. I want to make sure it's in the right spot. The light isn't as blindingly bright in real life, either. ;) I also have pothos rooting, and waiting to be moved in. Temps range from 61 to 72 degrees, with a lot of places in between to choose from. I put giant orange isopods in there a while ago, as well as temperate springtails. I think they're hiding under the moss, hope they're thriving. :)

DSCF1455.jpg

Here's mine. I have some small diameter branchy twigs in the center that are hard to see. I'm trying to decide on using more twigs or the small bend a vine. Haven't decided yet. I also need some leaf litter.
The orchid on the tree fern plaque isn't permanently attached, yet. I want to make sure it's in the right spot. The light isn't as blindingly bright in real life, either. ;) I also have pothos rooting, and waiting to be moved in. Temps range from 61 to 72 degrees, with a lot of places in between to choose from. I put giant orange isopods in there a while ago, as well as temperate springtails. I think they're hiding under the moss, hope they're thriving. :)

View attachment 94381

Melissa,

That is a beautiful enclosure! Its so dense, thats awesome! I bet you have a fun time finding them in their lol.

My only critique which you already stated is to add some leaf litter (I prefer Magnoilia leaves), and more ground twigs. They dont climb as much as other species and kind of hang out in the middle of the tank, so the more pathways the better! :)

View attachment 94381

Lookin great! Can't wait to grab some real plants for mine. The just add so much to it.

Thank you Kyle. :) It'll definitely be the ultimate hide and seek, lol. :) I have some twigs in mind, that are densely branched and small in diameter. Just have to get the clippers out and get them. I want them to have a lot of options for pathways, without it being too congested for them.
I've read that the magnolia leaves are great, because they take a while to break down. I think I'm just going to order some online, so I don't have to worry if they've been sprayed with anything. I keep looking at some of the trees around here that still have brown leaves on them. I think they're a type of oak. I thought about snagging some, but then didn't want someone getting mad at me for stealing, lol.

Thank you Kyle. :) It'll definitely be the ultimate hide and seek, lol. :) I have some twigs in mind, that are densely branched and small in diameter. Just have to get the clippers out and get them. I want them to have a lot of options for pathways, without it being too congested for them.
I've read that the magnolia leaves are great, because they take a while to break down. I think I'm just going to order some online, so I don't have to worry if they've been sprayed with anything. I keep looking at some of the trees around here that still have brown leaves on them. I think they're a type of oak. I thought about snagging some, but then didn't want someone getting mad at me for stealing, lol.

Yea I was in the same boat, then I was too worried about pesticides and all that other stuff. So I got a bunch of Magnolia leaves from Josh's Frogs.

Back
Top Bottom