Pygmy Eggs starting to sweat!

Julirs

:eek:
DSCF0025-5.jpg

The eggs on the left I cut out of a dead pygmy on 12/02. They were a bit strange looking compared to the more normal ones laid on 12/19 (put into different containers after the pic). They never molded and being a bit clear, I thought I could see reddish vessels forming. They seemed to grow and are now starting to sweat! Keep your fingers crossed-these will be my first hatclings!

Good luck, got my fingers and toes crossed 4 u. What happend? You said you cut them out, did your female pass while trying to lay?

Debby

She died possibly from being eggbound. I am keeping my fingers crossed too since those eggs look so weird!

Have they always looked that color? Thin-shelled? Maybe they weren't quite through the shelling process when you cut them out of her?

Have they always looked that color? Thin-shelled? Maybe they weren't quite through the shelling process when you cut them out of her?

Yes-they have always been that color. They were larger though than the others in the picture when I cut them out. Do you think they have a chance?

Crud Josh-that is what I am afraid of-has that happened to you? I held out hope since they did not mold...

Crud Josh-that is what I am afraid of-has that happened to you? I held out hope since they did not mold...

Sometimes on retained sperm clutches, one or two eggs will do that. They don't mold, just sweat and them turn gooey and shrivel up. Sucks yeah, but thats nature...or should i say human-modified nature.

Back
Top Bottom