Pygmy Chameleon Tank Finally Started!

I was planning on a trio, but some people started telling me that it is easy to keep a pair, but a trio or more is harder :confused:
I was confused how how it could be a lot harder, well, guess Im deciding on either a trio or a pair now.

Well, I went to get my tank, it was 24 wide, 18 high, and 18 deep, I wanted 24 high, it would be fine for these guys, but I didnt want this size, so, I am just going to purchase a 12 by 12 by 18, I am only getting a pair anyways. I will have to post Pictures Sunday.

Alright so I picked up the tank :)
Just have to clean the drested geckos tanks, and the new one, I will take pictures as I go, will post pics tonight.

Well, its done! I have several pics to show the process and stuff. Please give me some feedback, is their too many branches and plants in their?

So, I started off with just adding the Hydro Balls, and the gardner mesh.

And then added all the coco fiber, I made it deaper at the back, and not so deep at the front.
Then I added all the live plants and burried the pots as well as I could.
Then added many different branches and added some leaf litter, also added some rocks( Are they neccisary?)

Then finished it with the fake plants, the Hygrometer, the digital thermometre. And then their was the final product :)
Hope you guys like it, now all I need is some Pygs :p :rolleyes:

Attachments

• TANK 004.jpg
    TANK 004.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 212
  • TANK 005.jpg
    TANK 005.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 239
  • TANK 006.jpg
    TANK 006.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 200
  • TANK 007.jpg
    TANK 007.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 251
  • TANK 008.jpg
    TANK 008.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 218
Looks good; looks a lot like mine. What are you doing for lighting?

RE 1:2 vs. breeding pair, I started with 3 (1:2); one of my females died last month, so I now have a pair. It was certainly no more difficult to have three than two; the benefit of 1:2 is that neither female is getting the undiluted attention of the male.

Thanks for the reply, you make a good point, and I read the thread on your babies hatching too, so you sound pretty experianced, as of now, the people I bought these guys from only have two left, and I am putting the on hold untill the expo, Im in Canada so they are not the easiest chams to find, if I do find another one, I will switch to an 18 by 18 by 18 also.
For lighting right now, I am not using any, temps are top 73 or 74 during the day, and night temps are around 63 to 64, if you read on Julirs thread about her Pygs, she has had huge succes with no UVB so far, so Im going to try that too, if I see anything wrong, I will just have to purchase the repti sun 5.0, or 2.0
( Im not saying that they dont need it, as you know they are still trying to dicover that)

Thanks, and yes, I ended up only picking up one, the other one did not look healthy, and had a really bad eye. I will try to get pics up tonight, people think they are so cute when they see pictures, man are they even better in real life:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom