Pygmy cham shedding

blubudgie

My pygmy chameleon started shedding yesterday morning and this morning there's still a piece of SHEd stuck to him. It's kind of wrapped around his leg. But when I looked at the other side I managed to unhook one end of the "skin rope" and now it's just this long hanging piece of shed hooked on his hind leg. I've misted more since he started shedding, can I do anything else or just wait for him to finish?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 275
Looks like pantyhose haha!

I agree with @Mikael, try a warm bath or shower for about 30 minutes if he is willing. You could just wait until he gets it off himself, I have seen mine actually grab and peel off pieces of shed skin with his hand. They are also known to eat some of the skin, although I don't know if that's the case for pygmies as well, and I have never seen mine do that. I have had success with hand-spraying warm water and my cham will "take a shower" and go rub his eyes/ chin/ etc on branches to get the skin off while I mist him. Hope this helps!

Sarah

Thanks! I will try the warm water spray I think. The long piece of skin has come off but he still has some at the bottom that hasn't yet.

Back
Top Bottom