Pygmy Cham Exo Terra 12" X 12" X 18"

I made another one of these manzanita features. This one has a different shape with a larger branch curving from the top center down to the lower right.

21-VII-12-drop-in-I-m.jpg

Here it is in the Exo Terra.

21-VII-12-drop-in-II-m.jpg

I just formatted a new video featuring this setup to explain the Forest Floor terrarium concept. This is the short (~5:00) version video that I made using some clips that I had. I'll make a somewhat longer one with more detail sometime pretty soon.

Thanks for watching!

Selva-New-Short-8-VIII-12 - YouTube

18-vi-12-manzanita-iv-m.jpg

I got another quick picture with the setup and that manzanita feature that I made for somebody else before I shipped it off. It looks kind of cool too with just the bare manzanita in there.

22-VIII-12-drop-in-I-m.jpg

The little epiphytic ferns are growing in nicely.

6-IX-12-viv-III-m.jpg

I'll try to get a shot of the whole enclosure tonight. I need to tidy it up a bit.

Hey, I LOVE what you did with the mini orchids and ferns. I want Mantids as well to feed off to my veiled, although I don't think I'll keep feeders in this nice of a tank. When I do get the time for another pet I'll be looking to do this for Orchid Mantids.

I heard orchid plants don't do well with water on their leaves, is that only for the larger ones? Also do you sell and ship the mini orchids? I can't seem to find any seedlings in my area. Would they do well in a free range with the same basic principal as you did in the terrarium?

Hey, I LOVE what you did with the mini orchids and ferns. I want Mantids as well to feed off to my veiled, although I don't think I'll keep feeders in this nice of a tank. When I do get the time for another pet I'll be looking to do this for Orchid Mantids.

I heard orchid plants don't do well with water on their leaves, is that only for the larger ones? Also do you sell and ship the mini orchids? I can't seem to find any seedlings in my area. Would they do well in a free range with the same basic principal as you did in the terrarium?

Hi thanks so much. Those little mini ferns and orchids are pretty easy to grow if you set them up right. They need good light, humidity and air circulation. I don't know how well they would combine with chameleons because they are so small and fine, but they are excellent plants to use with mantises and small frogs. I can recommend a couple of good sources for mini orchids.

The P. paradoxica and the plants are still growing well and today I got a few pictures.

19-X-12-Phyllocrania-paradoxica-I-m.jpg

Back
Top Bottom