Pygmies?

They require very light uv due living in othe forest floor. Also no fans. It dries the humidity and creates draft which they don´t like.
Okay for uvb... it’s my “plant room”, and being in a basement, I have a grow light (with uva and uvb) rather than a normal ceiling light which (in my mind) should provide that sort of “filtered uvb”. If I open the lid to spray (correct me if I’m wrong) it should create enough airflow, right?

Okay for uvb... it’s my “plant room”, and being in a basement, I have a grow light (with uva and uvb) rather than a normal ceiling light which (in my mind) should provide that sort of “filtered uvb”. If I open the lid to spray (correct me if I’m wrong) it should create enough airflow, right?
Opening the lid once in a while IMHO won't create enough airflow.
The UVB light is in the ceiling? Can't be sure that will work.

On more thing...they play dead very very effectively if startled. I've known people who dispose of the bodies they are so sure the brev is dead.

Opening the lid once in a while IMHO won't create enough airflow.
The UVB light is in the ceiling? Can't be sure that will work.

On more thing...they play dead very very effectively if startled. I've known people who dispose of the bodies they are so sure the brev is dead.
Good to know about the uvb, about airflow: it’s enough for tarantulas, but then do I use a fan or not? leedragon said no fan, and they’ve had them...

I used exoterra cages with vents in the front down near the bottom and screen lids. You have to place the lights to one side of the cage...I chose the back of the cage with the heat in one corner.

I used a long linear UVB light on the cage and a small wattage regular household incandescent light for heat in the corner.

This shows the chimney effect. The guy is using water so he can show the flow with the Colored water...but the same thing happens when it's just air....

I used exoterra cages with vents in the front down near the bottom and screen lids. You have to place the lights to one side of the cage...I chose the back of the cage with the heat in one corner.

I used a long linear UVB light on the cage and a small wattage regular household incandescent light for heat in the corner.

This shows the chimney effect. The guy is using water so he can show the flow with the Colored water...but the same thing happens when it's just air....

Thanks, I’ll have to use one of my rejected heat bulbs, so as not to cook them (came from one of those “chameleon kits”- they didn’t sell the viv separately, and since it’s too small, Leo’s free range anyways)

Misting is not enough to create enough airflow.
If you aren't going to give the chameleon what it needs it will die quickly.

dont have a lid just use mesh of right size squares so they or their food don´t get out. Also you need UVB DESIGNED for chameleons/reptiles. The wave lenghts will otherwise not be tuned for their eyes and can get damage because of it.

They require very light uv due living in othe forest floor. Also no fans. It dries the humidity and creates draft which they don´t like.

Vali point, I was not meaning to give care as I don't know it. I was more getting to the point of consider all aspects of their care, more than space. I had a feeling about the UV.

Back
Top Bottom