Cage Info:

* Cage Type - Glass 16" 16" 24"
* Lighting - a infra-red light. 75W uva, and 50W UvB
* Temperature - 23-30 C
* Humidity - constant at 50-60%
* Plants - plastic plants
* Placement - near my window. uplifted on the window seal
* Location - Hong Kong

Current Problem - recently i have noticed my veiled not consuming as much food as it did. also, one side of its body (left) is distened / or should i say the other side is shrinked? i can see his spine bones on its body (back), i know that s normal when its a baby but now its about 7 months old, should the spines still be visible under its skin? thanks very much

Meal worms are a terrible feeder-they can lead to impaction problems. You need to gutload with fresh fruits and veggies-this makes feeders nutrient rich and adds some moisture content. If there is yellow in the fecal, it means dehydration, so you should be misting 2-3 times daily at some length. Live plants are better as they help with humidity. Reptivite is a multivite and should only be used 1-2X monthly. You need a calcium supplement like Repcal with no D3 that you should be using 5-6x weekly, and Repcal with D3 to use 2X monthly. Do you know what kind of UVB? 50 W sounds like a very strange wattage for UVB. Red lights are not optimal as chams see white light as basking heat-so i would switch that out and make sure there is no light or heat at night as long as temps do not go below 60. If you need to heat-heating the room is best, a ceramic heater would be second best, and the red light would be third best. UVB does not pass through glass or plastic-so make sure there is nothing between the bulb and the animal except for screen, but make sure the animal cannot burn itself. Your temps are not terrible-glass cages make me nervous with temp control-so make sure you are using a digital thermometer or temp gun to measure temps. ALso make sure being near the window does not change the temps too much. Pictures are worth a million owrds-so please post some if you can.

Current Problem - recently i have noticed my veiled not consuming as much food as it did. also, one side of its body (left) is distened / or should i say the other side is shrinked? i can see his spine bones on its body (back), i know that s normal when its a baby but now its about 7 months old, should the spines still be visible under its skin? thanks very much

What do you mean spines? There are small "spikes" that go down the back of Veiled Chameleons and many other types and this is normal. They will have the "spikes" there whole life. Post a pic if possible. What type of UVB are you using? Get some calcium suppliment without D3 to give your chameleon normally and give the multi-vitamin 1-2 times a month.

Dustin

From the way you are describing the body you are making me wonder if the spine is crooked?

Please post some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom