Probably Will Sell chameleon due to not being able to care for her

Unfortunately, i am not able to give my chameleon proper care. I have had her for almost a year and i used to take great care of her but the last 4 months, i have been feeding her irregularly (i have been feeding her do not worry. just not as much to grow a healthy chameleon). I mist her regularly, though. She also has not laid one clutch of eggs yet and she is a year and 4 months old. The past day she has been sitting at the bottom of her cage with dark colors and i know that’s definitely not a good sign. before it’s too late i want to sell her. i do not have the financial strength to buy her food, and i have been wanting to sell her for some time because of this. I just feel so bad and this is so irresponsible of me to buy a chameleon only to sell her and not be able to take proper care of her. I’m not looking for a home for her just yet, just need suggestions for what to do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 224
Your being very selfish about this, but you already know that so I’m going to just leave it at that.

She is literally starving to death before your eyes and your not sure your ready to re-home her yet?

You asked for suggestions on what you should do but you already know what needs to happen. Do the right thing and give her up as soon as possible, she only has days, maybe a couple of weeks to live.

Oh poor babe.. You can see how skinny she is. While i understand your hesitation to let go, it would be the very best thing for her at this point. I think posting here was a great start, where are you located??

Your being very selfish about this, but you already know that so I’m going to just leave it at that.

She is literally starving to death before your eyes and your not sure your ready to re-home her yet?

You asked for suggestions on what you should do but you already know what needs to happen. Do the right thing and give her up as soon as possible, she only has days, maybe a couple of weeks to live.
I agree with you, i am the problem and i am 100% sure i will sell her to a home who will take care of her. I want you to also know that i feed her whenever i can but i cannot drive and do not have a job so therefore it makes it difficult to go to a pet store and grab her food every week (my parents have been paying for her ever since i’ve been running out of money which is very appreciated). Anyways, thank you for your concern and, again, I feel terrible about this and i feed her whenever i can, i don’t just look at her getting unhealthier by the second and ignore it.

Oh poor babe.. You can see how skinny she is. While i understand your hesitation to let go, it would be the very best thing for her at this point. I think posting here was a great start, where are you located??
I live in the Sacramento area in Califnornia. Thank you for your concern, it’s appreciated:)

she Looks very skinny, I would offer her food as soon as you can. Chameleons are not cheap to care for so I know it can be tough to keep up with their needs.
However it’s probably best that you give her away if finances are the issue.
Yes, i am going to be giving her up (probably won’t even sell for money because no one will buy an unhealthy chameleon )

The scary part is how stressed it would be and may not eat after arrival and it clearly needs to eat. OP said it's sitting on the bottom of the cage now so it's already stressed. That's if it survived shipping .

I’m in Sacramento at the moment but, I don’t have space for a second chameleon. Would she be able to handle a 1hr plane ride back to Long Beach? If I got her back to LA would someone be able to pick her up from me?

Cant you just leave a light out side and collect bugs? If they dont spray in your area you should be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom