Price for baby jax jax

slewis8128

Established Member
what is a fair price for jax jax? When selling my babies I want to make sure I am asking for a fair price!

When i was talking to her about it she said 175 for CB. But when someone on FB wanted one I told them the price they said good luck because they get them from underground reptiles for $49... So I was confused at how they can be sold for such low prices!
Underground Reptiles sells wild caught chameleons usually, so the person of FB was probably just trying to get you to drastically cut your price.

Why would you inbreed them?? Sounds like someone asking for issues! Thank you all. I was feeling bad I told the guy 175. He told me only way I can get over 100 was to keep them for 4 plus months. Don't you have to??

When i was talking to her about it she said 175 for CB. But when someone on FB wanted one I told them the price they said good luck because they get them from underground reptiles for $49... So I was confused at how they can be sold for such low prices!
That is a Hawaiian Xanth price for a wild caught inbred inferior Cham. They clearly didn’t know what you were selling.

Last edited:
yeah they're field collected from there....
Stick to one price, theyll eventually sell, just be patient

what is a fair price for jax jax? When selling my babies I want to make sure I am asking for a fair price!
$175 is a fair price for a Captive born Machakos Hills Jackson's Chameleon.
I sell my Kenyan xanths and Machakos Hills for between $150 to $200. Generally, I consider selling at 4 - 6 months old.
The xanths get sold only to people that are sophisticated enough to know the difference in what they are buying. If they do not know the difference between Kenyan and Hawaiian and they think that captive born is captive born then they go buy the $25-$50 newborns from the big names. And then we spend all sorts of time trying to help them keep it alive. Machakos Hills Jackson's are more rare and if the wild caughts are coming in at $150 you can be justified in charging up to $200.

Stick to your price and avoid the people that just want them for $49. They can be sold for this low because the females are wild caught and have babies in the facility. The facility wants to get rid of them quickly so they don't have to feed them and the quicker they can sell the more can be sold before they start dying. The $49 reflects this dynamic. $175 reflects the care the mother has been given through out her life to get to the point where she can produce strong babies and then the babies raised up until they are strong enough to go to a new home. I acknowledge how difficult it is to put in quality when the world seems to revolve around price, but if you post and show your care and let people know how well these are taken care of then you will find the people who actually appreciate that quality. The one trick to being able to do this is to make sure you are set up for keeping them for months. And they will need to be separated. If you can set this up then you can be picky and wait for those qualified buyers. If you are trying to keep them all together then you will be pressured to give in to lower prices when the babies start having cohabitation issues. The mob will always try to whittle you down on price and use manipulations like comparing you to other less reputable sellers. Just tell them congratulations for finding a seller that is offering more what they are looking for. And be grateful that that customer is not yours to deal with.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom