Preventing or treating infection

jackschamnewbie

I have been researching parasites and bacteria that commonly affect arboreal reptiles. I am particularly interested in the treatment of the common infections, illness and injury.
Are there un-regulated or homeopathic medicines that can treat the early stages of infection?
I want to know how to help my young chameleon as quickly as possible if his fecal confirms a parasitic infection.

Regarding parasites.....do you know enough to identify the species of parasite??if not you won't know what to use to treat it. IMHO its best to get the test and treatment done by a vet.

Also, with bacteria, you need to know what antibiotic to use for each bacteria.

Regarding parasites.....do you know enough to identify the species of parasite??if not you won't know what to use to treat it. IMHO its best to get the test and treatment done by a vet.

Also, with bacteria, you need to know what antibiotic to use for each bacteria.

Yes, I know enough to match a picture and description to an image that matches that picture. I also know how to research what medication is best suited for treatment; even the dosing information for age/weight.

Targeted antibiotics are really interesting to me. We have isolated the chemical signals that are produced when a bacteria wants to lay dormant, and found a way to use this chemical to overload the inter-species communication receivers. Quorum blocking is remarkably effective at treating species specific bacterium, allowing the good bacteria to remain alive. This communication is known as quorum sensing.

Broad spectrum anti's are fascinating as well. Another break through was the isolation of the universal carbon chain, which is understood by all species. This chain is used to block the signal receivers of all types of bacteria both good and bad. Only recently have we started to understand that this is creating drug resistant species that we cannot treat.

I do not understand parasites as well as I do bacteria, which is why I am asking about parasites and common antibiotics for chameleons. I also do not understand why you do't take me seriously....

You don't by chance know what woud happen if a chameleon was exposed to E.Coli do you? There is a ton of it in the flood water right now and is likely to end up inside one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom