Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

Thanks Classy :)
I could never go the rest of my life without having at least one beardie. I hope these two are with me until they hit a ripe old age. They're such characters and bring so much joy to my life.

Vedool ate the rest of his crickets this morning, it looks like, so I filled his cup with some baby supers and last I saw he was eyeing them up

Thanks Classy :)
I could never go the rest of my life without having at least one beardie. I hope these two are with me until they hit a ripe old age. They're such characters and bring so much joy to my life.

Vedool ate the rest of his crickets this morning, it looks like, so I filled his cup with some baby supers and last I saw he was eyeing them up
That's great! We let our beardy live outside for the summer in a big cage, then our tortoise rammed it, broke a hole in it and he got out :( He was so sweet, I miss him so much.

@Traildrifterphalanx, I want to offer both my condolences for your sweet girls and a huge congratulations for your handsome boy! I am about to get my very first cham baby and while lurking, I have followed your journey. Your tenacity and huge heart has inspired me. I am sure many other new people are lurking and learning through your experience as I have. Your beardies absolutely tickle me! I had a male and female beardie awhile back and they were a daily joy. I wish you and all of your babies a life full of love and happiness :love:

Congrats on your boy!! You are a daily reminder for me to keep moving forward, not just with my animals but in my general life! I know you don't "know" me but I still want to say I am proud of you!! It is a great inspiration to see a whole community of people who share a love of animals and who help and support one another!!

To you and your boy!!

Congrats on your boy!! You are a daily reminder for me to keep moving forward, not just with my animals but in my general life! I know you don't "know" me but I still want to say I am proud of you!! It is a great inspiration to see a whole community of people who share a love of animals and who help and support one another!!

To you and your boy!!

Thank you! I'm very much so a "move forward" kind of guy and learn from my mistakes, or look to see what I can do to better my situation.

Vedool is settling in well it seems. He's very active and alert, from what I've seen (I only checked on him a few times today) and is sleeping upside down again, this time in the foliage.
He didn't appear to touch his supers, so those are likely better off for hand feeding but thought I'd try. I placed two loose crickets in the enclosure for him to hunt, and I believe he went looking for them. No confirmation if he found and ate them, but he looked very interested when I put them in there.

That's great he is settling in well!! I'm sure you can already see the differences between a sick and healthy cham!! It's so fun to watch them hunt! With my guys I just have to pretend I'm not watching them, if they see me looking forget it lol. I have really had to step up my stelthyness game lol!!

That's great he is settling in well!! I'm sure you can already see the differences between a sick and healthy cham!! It's so fun to watch them hunt! With my guys I just have to pretend I'm not watching them, if they see me looking forget it lol. I have really had to step up my stelthyness game lol!!
It's so fun to watch them eat xD. My little guy hangs from his tail and starts munching all the crickets :p

First poop today, everything looks good there, urate is bright white.

He is really mowing down those crickets, either that or they're exploding. I've only seen one loose in the enclosure, hiding from him, but I gave him maybe 10 crickets today, plus one wax worm, and they're all missing and the food dish hangs empty. I checked the enclosure with a pen flashlight tonight and I'm not seeing any stowaways, besides that one cricket, and a cricket leg at the bottom of the enclosure, which I will refer to as evidence.

He's been very mobile from what I can tell, and seems to have found his favorite sleeping spot in the foliage about mid enclosure with a super tightly curled tail and slightly upside down.

He still seems a little fearful when I was changing out his food cup (aka refill) but doesn't run, just kind of rotates around the branch to the side furthest from me and just watches me. It's adorable, but I hope he isn't too stressed from me and may start to associate me as the food refill guy.

I'm really looking forward to watching him grow, gain some confidence, and hopefully become a little lover of attention.

He is really mowing down those crickets, either that or they're exploding. I've only seen one loose in the enclosure, hiding from him, but I gave him maybe 10 crickets today, plus one wax worm, and they're all missing and the food dish hangs empty. I checked the enclosure with a pen flashlight tonight and I'm not seeing any stowaways, besides that one cricket, and a cricket leg at the bottom of the enclosure, which I will refer to as evidence.

He's been very mobile from what I can tell, and seems to have found his favorite sleeping spot in the foliage about mid enclosure with a super tightly curled tail and slightly upside down.

He still seems a little fearful when I was changing out his food cup (aka refill) but doesn't run, just kind of rotates around the branch to the side furthest from me and just watches me. It's adorable, but I hope he isn't too stressed from me and may start to associate me as the food refill guy.

I'm really looking forward to watching him grow, gain some confidence, and hopefully become a little lover of attention.
My new chameleon will do that too when my hand gets too close to him. That's great that he is adjusting so well! =)

This sounds awesome !!. Are you loving the Mister ? I was going to check in with you tomorrow . Happy you gave an update .

I love love love that mister!

I never even hear it go off. I'll look at the clock and realize it just went off, peek on him, and everything will be nice and beaded in water and he'll be hunkered down by a leaf. Not sure if he was drinking or anything because as soon as I peek he just stares at me until I slink away. He's on to me.

My new chameleon will do that too when my hand gets too close to him. That's great that he is adjusting so well! =)
Yeah the feed cup is up by his basking spot, so I'll reach to get it and he'll just slowly start tipping lol. It's really cute, like if he thinks he's being sneaky.
I love him

I love love love that mister!

I never even hear it go off. I'll look at the clock and realize it just went off, peek on him, and everything will be nice and beaded in water and he'll be hunkered down by a leaf. Not sure if he was drinking or anything because as soon as I peek he just stares at me until I slink away. He's on to me.
That's Septiceye but he comes flying up front to come out . He's a little nut !!. He always want to be out . One would think there's something wrong with his enclosure lol .

That's Septiceye but he comes flying up front to come out . He's a little nut !!. He always want to be out . One would think there's something wrong with his enclosure lol .

So cute, lol.
My oldest beardie always wants out. I leave one of his doors open when I'm home so he can enter and leave. Today he hopped out, ran over to me on the couch, tried to jump up but didn't make it, so I scooped him up and set him on me and he crawled up onto my shoulder and just looked around. It was really sweet.

I hope Vedool is a little lover

Back
Top Bottom