Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

IMAG4060.jpg IMAG4061.jpg
And he's here! Camera shy, and I don't want to stress him out any more.
I've tucked him in his basking area and will likely let his noon misting be his first session. I figure he needs time to warm up before being blasted with water

View attachment 187586 View attachment 187587
And he's here! Camera shy, and I don't want to stress him out any more.
I've tucked him in his basking area and will likely let his noon misting be his first session. I figure he needs time to warm up before being blasted with water
You can go ahead and give him a good hand misting . Then 12 wil be just fine . I can't get a good look at him and I completely agree not to stress him . When you have a clear pic just add please . From what I can see he looks good .

Thank you!
I should have taken a pic before plopping him to bask, but I was eager to warm him. He looks really good, has a great grip, for sure a little boy, and clearly just recently shed as some was still on his face. Eyes looked good. As soon as the phone came out he tucked and hid.

Thank you!
I should have taken a pic before plopping him to bask, but I was eager to warm him. He looks really good, has a great grip, for sure a little boy, and clearly just recently shed as some was still on his face. Eyes looked good. As soon as the phone came out he tucked and hid.
No worrys I completely agree get him set in his Condo , warm up have a nice big drink and chill out .

I tried to sneak a pic but he isn't having it. I turned his mist on and he moved to the opposite side of his stick. Poor little scared guy
Long as he has droplets and opportunities to have a drink then just let him hide and explore his Condo . Try not to make eye contact just do your thing . Might be a few days or even a week for adjustment . Offer his food and make sure he's well hydrated . He's a bit older and not as trusting as the babies . In a few days maybe try handfeeding .

Yeah he is super fearful. Just tried to get another pic and he went from green to brown and just kept hiding.
His mist just went off again, he's covered in droplets and there are droplets everywhere in there.

I'll get some food by him and see if he'll have a snack

Yeah he is super fearful. Just tried to get another pic and he went from green to brown and just kept hiding.
His mist just went off again, he's covered in droplets and there are droplets everywhere in there.

I'll get some food by him and see if he'll have a snack
It's really best to avoid any kinda contact (visual and physical ) until he feels his enclosure is a safe place you will Kno when that is as he will begin to explore and as long as he feels safe he will likely sleep in plain sight and this is when u get really cute pictures

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying my best to leave him be, but I've been peeking around the corner at him.
I gave him six medium ish crickets and peeked on him just minutes ago, hanging upside down from a branch with his face near the food cup, and I saw the shadow of at least two crickets left in there and his eyes seemed to be scanning for more. I take it he enjoyed his snacks

Thanks for the tips. I'm trying my best to leave him be, but I've been peeking around the corner at him.
I gave him six medium ish crickets and peeked on him just minutes ago, hanging upside down from a branch with his face near the food cup, and I saw the shadow of at least two crickets left in there and his eyes seemed to be scanning for more. I take it he enjoyed his snacks
I think you are correct :).

Totally understandable especially after wat u have been thru. Glad he's already eating

He's been sitting at the highest point of the enclosure, around 90°, and the color of an over-ripe banana. Poor buddy. He can't be too terribly upset if he ate though :)

I'll try and sneak some pics after lights are out and he's asleep

Back
Top Bottom