Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

There's no one in there to benefit, but I absolutely love it. It's a lot of peace of mind, and I don't have to worry about everything being dripping wet when I mist.
I really wish I would have had this from the start :( maybe it could have saved one of them
Oh @Traildrifterphalanx please don't feel that way . I know it's so hard for you to believe this was not on you . You posted every detail every day with pictures filled out the help form ,vets , and other Amazing keepers on here all telling you had sick babies .

Project today was to fix the leaky reservoir.
I caulked the crap out of it and confirmed no more leaks, I moved the bucket placement, hid some wiring, and tested the mist king to make sure it's all running fine still before setting it to off.
I also hooked back up my air purifier in that room which creates some air circulation without causing a draft the way a fan would.
I filled the reservoir up about 3/4 full, stuffed the lid on, and turned the lights out.
Just needs a happy, healthy chameleon to call it home
IMAG4029.jpg IMAG4030.jpg IMAG4031.jpg IMAG4032.jpg

Project today was to fix the leaky reservoir.
I caulked the crap out of it and confirmed no more leaks, I moved the bucket placement, hid some wiring, and tested the mist king to make sure it's all running fine still before setting it to off.
I also hooked back up my air purifier in that room which creates some air circulation without causing a draft the way a fan would.
I filled the reservoir up about 3/4 full, stuffed the lid on, and turned the lights out.
Just needs a happy, healthy chameleon to call it home
View attachment 187117 View attachment 187118 View attachment 187119 View attachment 187120
Woohoo awesome !!. Ready to rock and roll !!. Still going with a little boy ?

I think so! But as you can see there's still plenty of room if I wanted to add a second enclosure in the area :) and now that I remember that greenhouse nearby I know plants will never be an issue again.
$25 for that giant umbrella plant, and that thing basically made the hibiscus unnecessary, as well as the pothos.

I think so! But as you can see there's still plenty of room if I wanted to add a second enclosure in the area :) and now that I remember that greenhouse nearby I know plants will never be an issue again.
$25 for that giant umbrella plant, and that thing basically made the hibiscus unnecessary, as well as the pothos.
Funny when I was looking at last pic I was thinking slide something against the new boys enclosure And you have room for a sec (y).

We started with just a huge unbrella . In Septiceye enclosure (baby panther) . We just recently had to add a lot more plants . Could have been a teen thing or just a panther thing but he was jumping . First it was just kinda low spots so we added branches . Then he did it from near the top . I thought I was going to have a heart attack . It was not a grip thing . He hates being in his enclosure he likes being out walking around . Well he got my attention all right !! Just so you know . I don't know if all makes go through this . Frances never ever did that .

My male beardie is CONSTANTLY wanting out and to free roam, which I grant often.
I'll have to watch the little boy and make sure he's making smart decisions :)

And I thought about just putting a bunch of plants on the rest of that table and just incorporating them into the next enclosure when and if I go through with that idea

I have no real update but thought I would check in.

I haven't heard back on my email at all, but I haven't reached out by phone or text ether. I'll call after work, otherwise I'll be placing my order tomorrow morning to receive him on Friday morning when I'm off.

I'm really looking forward to caring for another one, but I'm kind of in a bit of panic mode now, thinking there may be something about my setup I overlooked.

I haven't heard back on my email at all, but I haven't reached out by phone or text ether. I'll call after work, otherwise I'll be placing my order tomorrow morning to receive him on Friday morning when I'm off.

I'm really looking forward to caring for another one, but I'm kind of in a bit of panic mode now, thinking there may be something about my setup I overlooked.

In my opinion Thursday's is not a good day to ship. Sometimes there's shipping problems and if he were to be delayed a day, FedEx does not run on Saturday so he would be in a box until Monday and would most likely be dead. :( There was a problem with the FedEx plane and my boy Stanley was shipped on Tuesday but didn't arrive until Thursday.

In my opinion Thursday's is not a good day to ship. Sometimes there's shipping problems and if he were to be delayed a day, FedEx does not run on Saturday so he would be in a box until Monday and would most likely be dead. :( There was a problem with the FedEx plane and my boy Stanley was shipped on Tuesday but didn't arrive until Thursday.

Oh no! :( I hope this goes smoothly...
I really have no choice right now but Thursday. I must be home to receive him, and I work full time (7:30am-4pm weekdays) and am the only one that lives there. All my family lives an hour and a half away and there is no one else to be there. I have off both Thursday and Friday this week, will be out of town starting early morning on Thursday, and returning early Friday morning. In order to receive him another day I would have to request off at least a few hours in the AM, or the full day, and I don't really want to do that after having 2 days off in a row.

I'll have to take a gamble on Thursday or wait until I can arrange something else.

I think your set up is fantastic but you can repost pics and fill out the help form with all new updates . Or even a new thread . Honestly you have had a lot of eyes on this thread and I do believe someone would have said hey this or that is an issue . I completely understand you being nervous I would be too .

Oh no! :( I hope this goes smoothly...
I really have no choice right now but Thursday. I must be home to receive him, and I work full time (7:30am-4pm weekdays) and am the only one that lives there. All my family lives an hour and a half away and there is no one else to be there. I have off both Thursday and Friday this week, will be out of town starting early morning on Thursday, and returning early Friday morning. In order to receive him another day I would have to request off at least a few hours in the AM, or the full day, and I don't really want to do that after having 2 days off in a row.

I'll have to take a gamble on Thursday or wait until I can arrange something else.

I would way. Too many things can go wrong. Most reputable breeders will not ship on Thursday anyway.

I would way. Too many things can go wrong. Most reputable breeders will not ship on Thursday anyway.

The reputable breeder in this case is FL Chams, one of the most recommend breeders for chameleons I've seen. I'll call and ask him about it after work today and get his input. It would be UPS if that makes any difference. I figure he knows the shipping procedure very well at this point and would likely be hesitant to ship if there was a foreseen issue, though things can happen at anytime.

I'd hate to have to wait as I honestly do not have the means to accept him in another day, unless I choose not to be home when he arrives, which I would hate to do and am unsure if this is even possible. If this is the case, it may be about a month until I have the availability to be home to receive him.

I think your set up is fantastic but you can repost pics and fill out the help form with all new updates . Or even a new thread . Honestly you have had a lot of eyes on this thread and I do believe someone would have said hey this or that is an issue . I completely understand you being nervous I would be too .

Not much has changed from the previous photos. I'll likely do some "last minute" adjustments tonight and make sure the mist system is still functioning properly. I'm considering filling the bottom of the enclosure with pothos vines as some of the gaps in the floor are rather large.
The flooring is essentially what is bothering me.

Back
Top Bottom