Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

Brought the hibiscus in
1498181067457-1641919321.jpg

Aww, haha. I can't wait!
I have a wedding this weekend, out of town, and then next weekend is my tattoo, but it's really only the wedding holding me up now!
I feel I'm just about ready. I think a little dowel bridge would be adorable, but additions like that can be made afterward, though I'd hate to mess with it too much while my new buddy is trying to settle in

Aww, haha. I can't wait!
I have a wedding this weekend, out of town, and then next weekend is my tattoo, but it's really only the wedding holding me up now!
I feel I'm just about ready. I think a little dowel bridge would be adorable, but additions like that can be made afterward, though I'd hate to mess with it too much while my new buddy is trying to settle in
Trust me I get it . Poor @Matt Vanilla Gorilla held Septiceye from thanksgiving to I believe feb 8th we had to see family for the holidays then bad weather came in either here or there . I was not going to move Septiceye when he just got here at holiday time but also did not want to leave him alone . Out Frances was getting ready to lay her first clutch and she had a URI . I was so nurvous to leave her . I was completely going to take her but it was not safe to travel with her . So I totally get it .

Last edited:
I have a coworker stopping at my place to check the dragons while I'm gone and I know in my heart they'll be perfectly fine, but I can't imagine leaving a scared, new little critter all alone. It actually may be more beneficial than me starting at it all day, but if anything goes wrong I want to be there

I have a coworker stopping at my place to check the dragons while I'm gone and I know in my heart they'll be perfectly fine, but I can't imagine leaving a scared, new little critter all alone. It actually may be more beneficial than me starting at it all day, but if anything goes wrong I want to be there
Lol yes your correct. We also have 2 beardies and a leopard gecko . The beardies come every where with us . Our gecko is older and is wicked lazy lol . Frances she's sometimes Grumpy she has to come out of her enclosure her self , does not need help :rolleyes: . She does not like hands in her basking area . She makes it known that's not acceptable at any time lol . Any other place is fine for hands but not in her Queen area lol . Septiceye he's a lover and it's hard to keep that boy in his enclosure. He thinks everything and every one is his lol . You will love all the different personalities .

I can't wait, lol. I would love a lover, but one with 'tude would be amazing. Both the beardies are total lovers, so I think I need a sassy chameleon :)

I can't wait, lol. I would love a lover, but one with 'tude would be amazing. Both the beardies are total lovers, so I think I need a sassy chameleon :)
Frances is just sassy . She just lets everyone know she's the queen and do what she wants . She hates cups in her enclosure as well . She bites her cup on her cricket days . I've tried other cups and it's the same .

Lol! So much sass! I love the potential personality and the cup biting.

I left the basking light on for about an hour and it peaked at 82-86 degrees in the area, so it should be good. (82 mid upper rail, 86 further into the leaves of the draceana). I didn't think to check the lower part of the enclosure, but I have to imagine it's about mid 70's due to all the foliage.

IMG_3941.JPG
IMG_3943.JPG
Lol! So much sass! I love the potential personality and the cup biting.

I left the basking light on for about an hour and it peaked at 82-86 degrees in the area, so it should be good. (82 mid upper rail, 86 further into the leaves of the draceana). I didn't think to check the lower part of the enclosure, but I have to imagine it's about mid 70's due to all the foliage.
Yup that she is . She was always hand fed , or she would Hunt . The crickets were escaping . Cricketing when we would be trying to sleep lol . So we went too a cup for cricket days . Oh she was so angry . She sat right on that cup and pooed in it :eek:. She went underneath the cup and Headbutt it :rolleyes:. It was in her basking area and that's not allowed ANY TIME !!. Not even by food !!.head butt top pic with her mad colors , pooping in her cup sec pic . She was about 51/2 months .

Hey all,
So I decided on a little girl!

IMAG3722.jpg
Her name is Gulool Ja Ja. She's extremely adventurous so far and so adorable. She's had a few small roaches and seemed to like them.

She loves the large, bay window
IMAG3734.jpg
And the pothos in the window
IMAG3726.jpg
When I hold her, she just books it for the bay window.

She's warming up to her enclosure pretty well. Seems grumpy in the morning. Likes to climb my phone while writing this

Hey all,
So I decided on a little girl!

View attachment 184685
Her name is Gulool Ja Ja. She's extremely adventurous so far and so adorable. She's had a few small roaches and seemed to like them.

She loves the large, bay window
View attachment 184686
And the pothos in the window
View attachment 184687
When I hold her, she just books it for the bay window.

She's warming up to her enclosure pretty well. Seems grumpy in the morning. Likes to climb my phone while writing this
Oh my goodness she's adorable !!. Congratulations !!. You will be so very happy with her . Where did you end up getting her from ?

FLChams :)
She is extremely ambitious. She's already met the cat and didn't care at all. Anything for that bay window!

I took her outside today and that might have been a bit too much. She enjoyed the new maple tree, though!
IMAG3736.jpg

She is doing very well being handled so far! Doesn't seem to be too timid, and seems to associate my hands with being a bridge or source to move to something else. She's also fallen asleep on me
IMAG3719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom