Pregnant veiled chameleon not eating! Please help!!

Claire_k2

My veiled chameleon is not eating. I noticed about 2 weeks ago she is most likely pregnant, now since she is not eating she is skinny,weak, close eyes all the time. I have put a box of coco fiber in her cage already for her to lay. Please help I can’t lose her.

Take pics of your entire enclosure lights down and your girl. Sounds like she needs a reptile vet but if her lay bin is not right she will not lay.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 153
Shes a tiny little thing. She is not pregnant. She is probably super stressed from her bare enclosure, and she is arboreal, so she wants it to have trees, not dirt.. She also needs proper lighting.
You should fill out the husbandry form and make the changes accordingly. She doesnt look good.

Your baby is too young for eggs. Remove the coco fiber substrate. How long have you had her? The cage is not set up properly. She does not have access to the correct UVB level and no plants to drink off of.

Please fill this out with detail. Take pics of the exact supplements your using as well.

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Thank you, she has been drinking after I gave her a dropper, thank you for attempting to help her.
Ok I am going to give you the keys to the kingdom of knowledge.... Go through every module. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Read all this https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

You have to be very careful forcing water they can aspirate the liquid because their airway is actually in the front of their mouth.

I do not know if she will make it in all honestly. She is in very very bad shape. I just want you to prepare yourself. At this point there is very very little we can do to help you.

Ok I am going to give you the keys to the kingdom of knowledge.... Go through every module. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/
Read all this https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

You have to be very careful forcing water they can aspirate the liquid because their airway is actually in the front of their mouth.

I do not know if she will make it in all honestly. She is in very very bad shape. I just want you to prepare yourself. At this point there is very very little we can do to help you.
Have you ever lost a chameleon? Is there a calming process I can do to help me because losing this girl is like losing my heart. I really appreciate it so much tho.

Have you ever lost a chameleon? Is there a calming process I can do to help me because losing this girl is like losing my heart. I really appreciate it so much tho.
I just force gave her water and she is moving more already, is this a good sign will she maybe make it?

I have lost a chameleon. It was very emotional and painful for me. Destroyed part of me for a long time.
There is nothing I can do or say to make it better. Just tell you the truth and I doubt she will make it through the night much less the next few days without changes to her care.
They have to have their environment a particular way. I am guessing you got her from a place like Petco or Petsmart. They don't give people the right info for care.

Fill out the form if you want us to try to give you feedback. You need to go buy a pothos plant and a dwarf umbrella plant for her tomorrow you will mist the leaves on this for her to drink. You need to cover the soil of the plant with 1 inch or larger rock so she does not eat the dirt.
We need to know the info in that form to give you feedback.
Read through both of those links tonight. You will learn rapidly about their care and instantly start understanding where you were misinformed.

I have lost a chameleon. It was very emotional and painful for me. Destroyed part of me for a long time.
There is nothing I can do or say to make it better. Just tell you the truth and I doubt she will make it through the night much less the next few days without changes to her care.
They have to have their environment a particular way. I am guessing you got her from a place like Petco or Petsmart. They don't give people the right info for care.

Fill out the form if you want us to try to give you feedback. You need to go buy a pothos plant and a dwarf umbrella plant for her tomorrow you will mist the leaves on this for her to drink. You need to cover the soil of the plant with 1 inch or larger rock so she does not eat the dirt.
We need to know the info in that form to give you feedback.
Read through both of those links tonight. You will learn rapidly about their care and instantly start understanding where you were misinformed.
You are correct I have got her from PetSmart, I will for sure get her the plants but I’m wondering why she was doing fine and drinking and all of a sudden got dehydrated?

It could be due to stress. Or a number of different things. If you fill out the form it will give us a better idea as to what is going on.

Here is my enclosure for my female veiled, so you have an idea. They are aboreal so they need hiding spots. Their enclosure should be like the synthetic version of a tree canopy.

Also lighting. She may be getting sick because she does not have the proper lighting. You need a T5 (5.0) linear light fixture.

If you fill out the form, I promise we can give you better, more accurate feedback.

0725200950b.jpg

Here is my enclosure for my female veiled, so you have an idea. They are aboreal so they need hiding spots. Their enclosure should be like the synthetic version of a tree canopy.

Also lighting. She may be getting sick because she does not have the proper lighting. You need a T5 (5.0) linear light fixture.

If you fill out the form, I promise we can give you better, more accurate feedback.

View attachment 273479

Please just give me some comfort please tell me my baby’s going to be ok please I am crying asking for my baby to just stay awake for mommy I’ve never had such a hard pet death before she can still walk slowly please tell me that’s good please

Please just give me some comfort please tell me my baby’s going to be ok please I am crying asking for my baby to just stay awake for mommy I’ve never had such a hard pet death before she can still walk slowly please tell me that’s good please
I cannot tell you that. You have to fill out the form so I can give you detailed feedback to help your baby. That is the only way I can help. Im sorry you are going through this, I can only imagine how hard it is. But you really need to fill out that form and make the changes I suggest, or your baby doeant stand a chance. Im not being mean, just truthful. I dont know if your baby will make it, but i can guarantee she wont make it in that enclosure.

The sooner you fill out the help form, the sooner you can be given help which will provide the best chance for your little girl to make it.
This may help if you are dropping water in her mouth. The red arrow is the airway and you need to avoid that at all costs. Aim for the back where the blue arrow is pointing. If you are able to get her to eat a hornworm that will help hydrate her too...they are just bags of water.
227202DD-13EB-4A74-8EFB-D13F801FA9B8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom