Preferred water?

Reverse osmosis is probably preferred, but I would use either drinking water gallons or buy some reptile water conditioner to add to your tap water

I have used straight tap water and have not any problems, but that is where I live and everyone's water is different I guess.

I use spring water. You can buy gallons of it at Walmart for pretty cheap. But I give mine showers in the Shower and thats Tap water of course. I mainley use spring water for the life of the misting systems.

But its up to you
And thats right everyones tap is different.

Thanks for the responses, it sounds like I can use tap to distilled, that it is if my tap water is good, I live in California, and I do filter my tap water already.

I use RO water on my chameleons.

Hard tap water will clog your misters and drippers :eek:

RO won't do that, plus it's way cleaner than tap water :)

I have used straight tap water and have not any problems, but that is where I live and everyone's water is different I guess.

If your tap water is high in chlorine and/or fluoride your can put it in a glass with a paper towel over it for 1 to 2 days and most of the chemicals will disperse out of the glass. If you use a Brita filter (or like device) it does pretty much the same thing (just with a different method).

This is the method I used when I lived in the city. Most water you see marked as bottled spring water is still treated with chlorine.

From what I understand the chlorine will dissipate if the water is left to sit out overnight, but the fluoride won't.

Back
Top Bottom