Preferred water?

kaylie

Reverse osmosis is probably preferred, but I would use either drinking water gallons or buy some reptile water conditioner to add to your tap water

carol5208

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have used straight tap water and have not any problems, but that is where I live and everyone's water is different I guess.

Texas Ranger

Avid Member
I use spring water. You can buy gallons of it at Walmart for pretty cheap. But I give mine showers in the Shower and thats Tap water of course. I mainley use spring water for the life of the misting systems.

But its up to you
And thats right everyones tap is different.

Leonardo

Thanks for the responses, it sounds like I can use tap to distilled, that it is if my tap water is good, I live in California, and I do filter my tap water already.

I use RO water on my chameleons.

Hard tap water will clog your misters and drippers :eek:

RO won't do that, plus it's way cleaner than tap water :)

Maurer3D

I have used straight tap water and have not any problems, but that is where I live and everyone's water is different I guess.
If your tap water is high in chlorine and/or fluoride your can put it in a glass with a paper towel over it for 1 to 2 days and most of the chemicals will disperse out of the glass. If you use a Brita filter (or like device) it does pretty much the same thing (just with a different method).

This is the method I used when I lived in the city. Most water you see marked as bottled spring water is still treated with chlorine.

kinyonga

Chameleon Enthusiast
From what I understand the chlorine will dissipate if the water is left to sit out overnight, but the fluoride won't.

Top Bottom