pothos

Doug01

would using pothos in a Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus(mt.kenya yellow-crested jackson chameleon) be risky(i.e. pothos containing oxalates) using it as one of the plants in my chameleons cage?

ASIDE from few other plants pothos is my main, my veiled will eat those things almost daily. I don't know the toxicity precautions for other chams but pascal loves him some pothos for sure.

I have pothos for my veiled as well. Last time I took rotated it I noticed almost half of it was missing. He loves it.

would using pothos in a Trioceros jacksonii xantholophus(mt.kenya yellow-crested jackson chameleon) be risky(i.e. pothos containing oxalates) using it as one of the plants in my chameleons cage?

Not a problem to use pothos, unless the animal eats a very large amount and on a regular basis. In which case, compensate with more mineral (especially calcium and magnesium) foods / supplements

This is what I do for hanging plants on top of an all screen cage. This is 3/4 PVC pipe with 2 T's and a 90 degree elbow. I secure it with a couple of screws through the top screen rail into the PVC T's. I do not glue this together and the elbow is able to be moved to raise and lower the basking light (clamp light). I drill a hole in the center pipe running across the middle of the cage and loop some plastic coated wire or a machine thread screw eye sceured with a nut to hang the plant from the top. I use zip ties to build the network of branches throughout the cage for the vines to climb on. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
hey repto is that just a second peice as a crossbeam or is it tied off into anything ? i assume its to distribute weight evenly ?

hey repto is that just a second peice as a crossbeam or is it tied off into anything ? i assume its to distribute weight evenly ?

I make an 'H' shape with the PVC pipe to distribute weight evenly but that also makes it so I can put an elbow at any corner for a basking light.

My Senegal loves the pothos. He eats it, climbs on it etc etc.

I keep mine on the ground level in front of the other two plants and vines and it grows up filling in the cage nicely.

I am not sure but I think he actually uses it to regulate minerals in his body. I noticed when he started getting the white crusty on his nostrils from over supplementing he ate a lot more of the pothos until it went away... Again not sure but an interesting thought...

Back
Top Bottom