Pothos gone!

houzah

I bought a pothos plant to put in my chameleons cage and he loves it! But almost too much he was almost eatten all the leaves, so I was just wondering how fast this plant grows, and if I should remove it from the enclosure to give it time to grow back??

is your cham a veiled im guessing?

if the pothos stil looks well and not too damaged, then try giving your veield veggies and fruits like romaine lettuce, strawberries, etc. and see if he willl stop eating the pothos...also how many times are you misting, he might be dehydrated and is combating the thirst by eating plants that have some water in them

hope this helps

I don't know how to introduce fruits to him, every time I put them in his cage they are left untouched, and everytime I try hand feeding them to him he looks at me like I'm crazy, and yes I forgot to say he's veiled. I would love it if he would start eating fruits and veggies though, any suggestions on how to get him to try new stuff? And yes thanks that was a lot of help

I don't know how to introduce fruits to him, every time I put them in his cage they are left untouched, and everytime I try hand feeding them to him he looks at me like I'm crazy, and yes I forgot to say he's veiled. I would love it if he would start eating fruits and veggies though, any suggestions on how to get him to try new stuff? And yes thanks that was a lot of help

hmm...well cut the fruits and veggies in slim tiny strips, i saw a fourm member cut strawberries into slivers that look like worms and just hand fed

you can try long tweezer/tongs to try

or maybe put a bowl with crix/worms and some lettuce/carrot pieces, etc
this is a bug salad...your cham will be intersted by the movement and may try getting the bugs while also take some veggies along the way

i havent fed veggies and fruits to my veieled by hand when i had him, but these are some ideas/suggestions

hope this helps

I've read on here that veilds will go for kale if you put it in small peices at the base of the plant or draped over some of the branches. You could introduce some of that for a start and see if he prefers that over your pothos.

Back
Top Bottom