Pothos from Home Depot or Lowes

mhfan305

Id like to purchase a pothos plant from Home Depot or Lowes because I can get a lot more plant for the price. Is it ok to wash off all the leaves with water, like rub on them with a cloth, and then put pebbles on top of the dirt, and then place it in the terrarium? Will it still be harmful?

Hello! I purchased a golden pothos plant from lowes for my 4 month old veiled chameleon's enclosure. It really is a lot of plant for the price. I think I paid 20 dollars, and it fills the entire space with large leaves and stems to climb on / hide in.

I just put the pothos in the shower and washed it off prior to putting it in the cage! I know pothos can be slightly toxic if eaten in large quantities but I've yet to see my chameleon eating plants whatsoever so I'm not worried. No problems thus far, would recommend it if your chameleon isn't known to munch on plant leaves!

Cheers

The chameleon im looking into getting hasnt been known to eat plants. Or dirt. Thanks for the input.

Most of the plants should be safe just make sure to ask what kind of pesticides/fertilizers were used on the plants if any. Just to cover your bases also wash the plants thoroughly in the shower with hot water for a good 5 mins make sure that its clean and spray it with some natural animal sanitizer then wash it again. :)

Most of the plants should be safe just make sure to ask what kind of pesticides/fertilizers were used on the plants if any. Just to cover your bases also wash the plants thoroughly in the shower with hot water for a good 5 mins make sure that its clean and spray it with some natural animal sanitizer then wash it again. :)
Ok I'll do that. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom