Potentially injured or sick chameleon

You can feed her when she's up in the branches taking a break from the digging but make sure you don't leave any insects free in her cage. They might bite her. She will be fine without eating for a few days anyway.

How long do they usually take to lay eggs? Shes has been digging for about two hours and she is just sitting still looking around with her eyes open. Her butt isnt in the hole she dug either. I have the cage covered in two sheets of paper so she doesnt see me or anyone else. I can see her through the top of the cage though.

Mine had eggs in her for over 4 months, but she was egg binding/egg bound. Mine spent two weeks digging a "hole" that turned into the whole back half of her cage had zero substrate, she was down to glass yet still was going at it. It was just one hole in each corner, turned into a ditch pretty much. I'm not exactly sure what they should be doing after they dig a hole...surry I can't help with that. Mine dug for 2 weeks then let every single egg go at the top of her cage, staring me dead in the eye till I left the room to do some work.

Mine had eggs in her for over 4 months, but she was egg binding/egg bound. Mine spent two weeks digging a "hole" that turned into the whole back half of her cage had zero substrate, she was down to glass yet still was going at it. It was just one hole in each corner, turned into a ditch pretty much. I'm not exactly sure what they should be doing after they dig a hole...surry I can't help with that. Mine dug for 2 weeks then let every single egg go at the top of her cage, staring me dead in the eye till I left the room to do some work.
I assume she is close, she has her butt in her hole that she dug so I guess I'll she tomorrow if she acutally laid any. :D

Yep she laid them, very deep too! I’m surprised baby chameleons can dig 7 inches upwards to the surface! She laid 34. Besides giving her extra water sprays and food is there anything else I should do for her to recover?

Attachments

• 00CB8A5C-BBB9-4099-9F76-FC3E3C9F7ED0.jpeg
    00CB8A5C-BBB9-4099-9F76-FC3E3C9F7ED0.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 3F81C34B-632C-4F4E-B2A0-9A89986BC455.jpeg
    3F81C34B-632C-4F4E-B2A0-9A89986BC455.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 77
Yay! 34 - not bad. Just keep giving nice long misting sessions and some nutritious feeders...roaches, silkworms and hornworms are great.

Back
Top Bottom