Post your best enclosure pics!

FSCN2340.jpg

I will def do that. I do however change the bark everyday. I know it seems excessive but I want everything to stay clean and for her to be healthy. I do have the correct blubs needed and I do mist several times a day. Thank you for your advice!

The easiest way to keep it clean is to not have anything on the bottom. That way crickets can't hide, mold can't grow, poo is easy to spot and remove, the cham won't eat some of the substrate when snatching up a cricket.... lol lost of reasons.:D

Chams live in trees... which is why we don't need to worry about substrate in our enclosures.

Just curious, what kind of lights are you using?

Web cage.jpg

This is my cage. It's 27x27x62. You can see my Fischer's up at the top. I have a pond barrel liner in the bottom with a drainage tube attached that runs into a bucket. The branch is a manzanita bush that we concreted into a shallow bucket so it's stable. Above are UVB light and heat lamp along with drip container. My husband made it for me when I had the Parson.:)

Here is some recent pics of my chams cage. Since then, I added a drain/tray and a bottom cabinet to hide my misting set up.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 239
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 284
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 285
Sorry guys i cant post a pic but I think size wise... I got you all beat. NO joke this cage is big enough for 6 of my friends all 6 feet tall to stand in! I tried doing the math and its somewhere around like 200,000 cubic inches.
Bottom line its a big cage.

-Chill

with those large cages, and all those plants in them....do your chameleons find it hard to find the crickets?? I just have a terrerrium that is about 2ft. tall x 16" x 16" and it just seems like he isn't as interested in the hunt as my buddies cham was. I want to make a large cage for him like that but I am nervous that he might have problems finding the food.

with those large cages, and all those plants in them....do your chameleons find it hard to find the crickets?? I just have a terrerrium that is about 2ft. tall x 16" x 16" and it just seems like he isn't as interested in the hunt as my buddies cham was. I want to make a large cage for him like that but I am nervous that he might have problems finding the food.

I use a feeding dish that he eats from.

crickets usually make their way to the top because they are attracted to the light/heat. I also place silkworms on different branches. My cham loves to find them like an easter egg hunt.

I tried the cup feeding, and left them in there for up to 3 days and he just wasn't having that......today he seemed to spruce up and actually hunt for them....i've only had him for a couple weeks now....so I think he is now used to the surroundings.....

Here's some pics of miss mango's cage. She's getting ready for bed. Aww. She likes to have a lot of "elbow room"

Attachments

• IMG_0828.jpg
    IMG_0828.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 301
I tried the cup feeding, and left them in there for up to 3 days and he just wasn't having that......today he seemed to spruce up and actually hunt for them....i've only had him for a couple weeks now....so I think he is now used to the surroundings.....

It takes some time for them to get used to cup feeding at first. If you put the cup right in their face all day long it seems to help. I mounted mine right under his basking branch and it took him no time to figure it out. I also use one of those bendable branches and wrapped it around my feeder dish so I could mount it almost anywhere like a twist tie.

All these cages are nice but I found simple works best one or two plants and some branches makes cleaning easier especially if you have alot of cages to clean. And no substrate for obvious reasons.
pantherenclosures007.jpg

pantherenclosures006.jpg

Here's mine. homemade from the cabinet to the canopy.

Icefyre likes it. The sides are vinyl screen and the top is alum.

dscf0217_original.jpg

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom