Post your best enclosure pics!

The dish in the corner has water in it (my other veiled looooved to drink water from a dish, so i put it there in case he decided to) and the taller cup has spinach and crickets sprinkled with calcium, for him to feed off of. I posted in the food section asking if that was a good idea, b/c it seems to be a popular way of feeding, instead of free feeding. But no one has responded yet.

You should get rid of the dish as it can breed bacteria or allow cham to drown.

The dish in the corner has water in it (my other veiled looooved to drink water from a dish, so i put it there in case he decided to) and the taller cup has spinach and crickets sprinkled with calcium, for him to feed off of. I posted in the food section asking if that was a good idea, b/c it seems to be a popular way of feeding, instead of free feeding. But no one has responded yet.

Do not feed him spinach. I don't have the list in front of me, but you should gut load the crickets before feeding. I do know that collard greens, carrots and apples are ok to feed the crickets off the top of my head. You can search the forums to find out more gut loading details.

The cup is a good idea but might be a little tall for his size, you don't want him falling in and getting stuck.

As for the water dish, get rid of it. Chameleons don't normally drink from a dish and a dish of water can easily become a breeding ground for bacteria. Chameleons like to drink from leaves. You can either buy a dripper or make one by poking a hole in a cup. Place a cup under the dripper with a piece of screen over the top. Use a rubber band to keep the screen tight so your cham won't fall in and drown.

Thank you for the advice the spinach has been taken out and I will make a dripper pronto! There is one problem tho. I cant put anything on my screen, it's like caving in :( Anyone know where I can get this fixed?

I just looked at your "umbrella" plants and realized those are the same ones I saw at Home Depot!!:eek: I had my little folder and thought those were the toxic one's !! I can't believe I messed up like that. I was there right after they unloaded them and had the pick of the litter!! I mean I grab a ficus and some other nice ones and I acquired 3 hibiscus from a wife and granny who brought home the plant with the pretty flowers and were quickly jacked of their prize possessions :D...I will head to Home Depot ASAP in the morning hoping their are some left.:(

Whose enclosure are you referring to?

I have an umbrella plant in one of my cages. Use caution with them. They can be used but as your cham gets older they will become too heavy for the plant. The vertical branches will grow to hold a older cham, but the leaves all fall out from the cham climbing around. Almost the whole bottom half of Jakes umbrella plant is bare. Because the plant I have has strong vertical branches (or trunks?) I keep it in the cage because I have other plants at the top for him to climb and along the sides to conceal him from the outside world.

Just be sure to get a nice hearty plant. I got lucky and found one.... only one lol all the others only had 3 vertical branches and were shaped weird. BTW I went to 5 Home Depots in the are... only could find one.:mad:

Thank you for the advice the spinach has been taken out and I will make a dripper pronto! There is one problem tho. I cant put anything on my screen, it's like caving in :( Anyone know where I can get this fixed?

I am not sure about repairing the screen... but you could use two pieces of dowel rod as a bridge to support the dripper.

I had a store purchased dripper on my older cage and would set the dripper on my linear fixture. This worked because the dripper had a valve that could direct the water away from the light and the light would keep the water warm.

It's night and the lights are out.
The taped up paper is on the enclosure where Agnes lives, she's about to lay and needs privacy.

-Brad

Last edited:
DSCF0552.jpg

cage

here's my big cage... my cham seems to enjoy his palace...

P12100832.jpg

couldn't fit the full cage an lighting in the pic, but you get the idea. I'm still adding more surfaces for Elijah to climb on as well.

the measurements are 6'7X3'X3'

WOW, Jamie, those are very very nice!

I wish I had a garage and some tools. Instead I have to resort to store purchased cages.

Nice drippers;):D Did you ever dry giving the chams slurpees? :D

Here is my little setup for Corky

Corky is my first Chameleon, she is a Graceful, and is about a year. I have real plants and a small fake one in her cage. And she has a lot of branches to climb on. I fell in love with her the first day I got her from a very nice family who was moving away. This is my first post. But I have enjoyed reading everyones information about keeping these beautiful guys! I am really looking forward to expanding my colorful family!:D

DSC07146.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC07147.jpg
[/IMG]

This is Firestar's new cage. Built in plastic container on the bottom for drainage, but it doesn't show. I love it. Finally something that looks great in my living room. I will also be ordering Chads new misting system next week to go with it.

Debby

Corky is my first Chameleon, she is a Graceful, and is about a year. I have real plants and a small fake one in her cage. And she has a lot of branches to climb on. I fell in love with her the first day I got her from a very nice family who was moving away. This is my first post. But I have enjoyed reading everyones information about keeping these beautiful guys! I am really looking forward to expanding my colorful family!:D QUOTE]

yOU SHOULD get rid of the bark on bottom here is why
1. Bacteria
2. Cham could eat it and bad things will happen
3. That water will not dry and will mold.
Do you have a dripper/mister. Do you have a uvb light

Thank you for your insite...

I will def do that. I do however change the bark everyday. I know it seems excessive but I want everything to stay clean and for her to be healthy. I do have the correct blubs needed and I do mist several times a day. Thank you for your advice!

Back
Top Bottom