Here’s mine

Attachments

• EA1DB242-17E2-4BF7-AAA7-EEB16C3E50A1.jpeg
    EA1DB242-17E2-4BF7-AAA7-EEB16C3E50A1.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DF7B1D35-27FF-4547-A359-4916EADCF620.jpeg
    DF7B1D35-27FF-4547-A359-4916EADCF620.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 72
I love reading these threads lol like I’m not the only one that finds enjoyment in creating planted bio active setups and things for my animals (also have bio active dart frog, a canary that has a huge flight cage but also always free range on the screened patio & some reef tanks too) that are aesthetically appealing 😀 at least to me! Just finally upgraded (my new Jacksonii Jacksonii female) Jewel’s enclosure over the weekend. It’s a work in progress but here ya go :) it’s a 24x24x48 in my living room. Drainage layer, organic substrate mixture, springtails/isopods, etc.

Also I have a reptirain misting system (was cheaper at the time lol) goes off every 3 hours for 30s each nozzle pointed straight down about 6-8” from outside edge and the carpet seems to stay dry so far🤞😅?!? The Benjamin Ali in there holds water for hours it’s long leaves, she takes a droplet or two basically whenever she wants. Also have umbrella plant and money tree in there.

P.S.
Still no babies! I don’t think she would have wanted to have them in the temporary enclosure I had her in for about 5 weeks or the pet store? I don’t know if they can hold them in lol. Hoping she has healthy babies or passes non-living slugs or whatever safely! She hasn’t been eating much lately. 🤔 not sure if it’s pregnancy related or she’s bored with cup feeding or what. She does like to snack random flightless fruit flies, I sometimes put some loose in her enclosure… but that’s not much of a meal. 7905DE78-CE7F-4C9F-A3CE-904A75E37B8F.jpeg 0C4837E3-FE3F-4747-9C07-4B99E941F82F.jpeg 639E754C-CE57-499B-8B27-EB3D7DC5AEA8.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful girl and enclosure. Any change to raise the enclosure from the floor? Ideal would be, that when she’s on her basking spot, she’s on eye level or better above you. This gives them a secure feeling and will not stress them. Unless you’re a “little person” then you’re fine 😅

Last edited:
Beautiful enclosure and beautiful little girl!
Thankyou! I don’t have a pic yet because it’s such a new upgrade but she loves being on the thinner and more vertical sticks (I may still add a couple more branches). She gets this pretty combo of browns pattern with white stripes on her sides and positions herself to blend with the shape of the branches. It’s pretty cool! She definitely has an array of colors and patterns from being all dark green or all pale green, to bright yellow and dark green, to browns and white. And every combination in between. I’m sure you know! She’s still acclimating but definitely needed the upgrade. She is a slow mover lol I’m sure much more still than maybe males or panthers and such, but definitely enjoying I think not only the room to roam but a bigger forest overall as her own safe space. Basks and climbs on the sticks and sleeps in her ficus tree. And usually goes down deeper if I’m adding food or whatever lol just in case I’m coming for her. I have only handled her during enclosure upgrades that I had to take her out for she doesn’t bite but it scares her to be handled even with a stick. She doesn’t mind being watched tho and just does her cute tree dinosaur thing, so she’s perfect! Watching her now while on the computer supposed to be working ha. 7E6861D2-8034-4A2B-8F57-E766F0315618.jpeg

Absolutely beautiful girl and enclosure. Any change to raise the enclosure from the floor? Ideal would be, that when she’s on her basking spot, she’s on eye level or better above you. This gives them a secure feeling and will not stress them. Unless you’re a midget (no hard feelings about the term/word) then you’re fine 😅
Thanks! No lmao I’m 5’7”! I did look into getting a 2’x2’x2’ stand to put the enclosure on… but hadn’t found one yet and at least wanted to get her out of her much smaller enclosure. Any suggestions are welcome. I’m not a builder so much but can put simple things together lol. Anyway, it’s on the list of eventual upgrades. 😄

Just one question first, I thought I noticed it at the first pictures and noticing it again on your other picture and it could be due the camera, however it looks like you got blue light in there. Is it some kind of blue light?

Thanks! No lmao I’m 5’7”! I did look into getting a 2’x2’x2’ stand to put the enclosure on… but hadn’t found one yet and at least wanted to get her out of her much smaller enclosure. Any suggestions are welcome. I’m not a builder so much but can put simple things together lol. Anyway, it’s on the list of eventual upgrades. 😄
You could try to find a small table, and the easiest and “cheapest” way is with scaffolding tubing like this https://homemade-furniture.com/diy/scaffolding-tubes/

Just one question first, I thought I noticed it at the first pictures and noticing it again on your other picture and it could be due the camera, however it looks like you got blue light in there. Is it some kind of blue light?
She’s got a basking spot in the back corner, a uva/uvb across, and a plant light in front of the uvb that has white&blue&red. It looks natural in real life, but the camera loves to exaggerate just the blue for some reason, unless I edit it. Does it on my reef thanks too, makes them look more blue than they really are.

She’s got a basking spot in the back corner, a uva/uvb across, and a plant light in front of the uvb that has white&blue&red. It looks natural in real life, but the camera loves to exaggerate just the blue for some reason, unless I edit it. Does it on my reef thanks too, makes them look more blue than they really are.
531CF8C8-9293-4088-8B32-F697A14D718B.jpeg Also, (her now, she looks different every time I look at her!) I think the screen throws off or picks up the blue. Nothing else actually looks blue besides that and the blue lights themselves. And like I said it looks natural in person.

Back
Top Bottom