Post your beautiful/ideal Jackson’s enclosure please

I am home-making 24x24x48 enclosures. I’ve been keeping nothing but pygmies so I need my mind refreshed with you guys’ beautiful setups. I want comfortable for the animal but living room display. I was thinking a corn plant and that’s where I draw a blank. I want a vast amount of horizontal branches/hardscape but forgot how I used to attach them to the mesh. I’d love a pothos and another good hanging plant as well as several Epiphytes species. Air plants, maybe a bromeliad (torn on that one because there’s none in the wild in their range) give me any and all tips you may want to give someone to show off some beautiful rainbow Jackson’s and give them the comfiest home possible!

also is pond armor epoxy safe for painting wooden cham enclosures? If not what are some alternatives?

If you are set on only having plants from their native range, you will be hard-pressed. I use shleffera arboricola, pothos, peace lily, and a bromeliad. But you can literally use just about any plant out there as long as it doesn't leak sap or is an irritant when touched. Chameleon cages are generally the same regardless of species--heavily planted areas with plenty of branches for climbing. I will say this, my cage is definitely not appealing looks-wise. It's pretty boring which is something I want to change this summer. You just want to make sure that your chameleons have a place where they can hide completely--this will make acclimation relatively stress-free. The only plant that I'm really attached to is the peace lily down at the bottom left. When I redo his cage, I'll definitely add a second one. It's very leafy and takes moderate to low light; it just won't flower. I doubt my cage is inspiring--literally, anybody could do a better job--so make the jackson's chameleon community proud by showing us up. But I better not see a scantily clad cage with very little plant growth! :ROFLMAO:
20210322_104359.jpg

On a side note, when do your cham's arrive? Can't wait to see them!

One thing to note is humidity. If you struggle to keep the humidity up, you should use more plants. If you struggle too much humidity, you can have some areas that are heavily planted and some areas that are more open to air out. You can kind of think of plants as a glass front. The more plants you have, the more closed off your cage is. You can tweak the amount of foliage in your cage to influence your humidity levels.

If you are set on only having plants from their native range, you will be hard-pressed. I use shleffera arboricola, pothos, peace lily, and a bromeliad. But you can literally use just about any plant out there as long as it doesn't leak sap or is an irritant when touched. Chameleon cages are generally the same regardless of species--heavily planted areas with plenty of branches for climbing. I will say this, my cage is definitely not appealing looks-wise. It's pretty boring which is something I want to change this summer. You just want to make sure that your chameleons have a place where they can hide completely--this will make acclimation relatively stress-free. The only plant that I'm really attached to is the peace lily down at the bottom left. When I redo his cage, I'll definitely add a second one. It's very leafy and takes moderate to low light; it just won't flower. I doubt my cage is inspiring--literally, anybody could do a better job--so make the jackson's chameleon community proud by showing us up. But I better not see a scantily clad cage with very little plant growth! :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 304353

I’m on vacation they’ve been in for a week or so! I have a sitter watching them while I’m gone!
A4DC9179-CA3C-4228-A70B-CADACE36B9AA.jpeg
867EE6A8-03DC-4DAE-A8CA-019E150D37D3.jpeg

They’re beautiful and very healthy. However due to home change and enclosure swap they are very human weary. I’m excited to get them into a final large enclosure to reduce the stress on their lives and let them feel safe!
BBD8B185-0199-45A7-BDFB-5E60C3FDF584.jpeg
5E889F5C-7D3C-4AB0-8767-69E2E6EDEAF5.jpeg
here are their temp setups with mist king installed. And check out that basking gradient I was able to achieve in a 16x16! ;) lol
B4B27E82-DEED-415E-B47B-886558803C95.jpeg
Here is one of 3 70w sansi gow lights that I ordered one is on my Pygmy setup. So plant growth should hopefully be beautiful!

These are cages for my females. The plants have filled in more since these were done. Getting yours up off of the floor and adding some kind of drainage will be important.
View attachment 304362
Beautiful enclosures and like the idea of one big enclosure divided in 2. Now you really make think about a third Cham 🤔

Absolutely awesome that all 4 are at once at the feeding cups 😍😍

I don’t have a bio active enclosure so I keep a bare floor and elevate my plants for a clear space at the bottom. This lets me get in there easily to clean up droppings and shedding skin. I love the packed jungle look but getting in there to keep it clean could be problematic. But everyone has developed their own tricks to give their little ones the best life. All the best!

These are cages for my females. The plants have filled in more since these were done. Getting yours up off of the floor and adding some kind of drainage will be important.
View attachment 304362
Love the cage set up! I am interested in those feeder cups for my new carpet Chameleon. I have a different style and they tend to escape before he gets to them. I have a hybrid dragon strand cage with glass front and solid sides. I looked on their website and it says they are for a screen cage but do you know if there’s anyway to attach it to the glass front?

View attachment 304353

Whaaaat. I think this cage is beautiful! I love it. Only thing I would do is pick all the dead leafs. Lmao I can't wait to get my bigger enclosure this week.

Back
Top Bottom