possibly stressed or gravid chameleon

hello, i think my female cham is gravid, but i was told by another user earlier that she looks to be stressed.
for the past week or so she has been very active in her cage, basking for a short amount of time, then just exploring her cage and walking around, then repeating that process. she had also been displaying much different colors lately than she ever has been before. i switched her supplement about 2 weeks ago from zoo-ned calcium without d3 to repashy calcium + LOD and the last few days i noticed the bottom of her dewlap to be slightly swollen. i’ve read this can be from supplements or caused by being gravid. also, today she wouldn't eat her crickets which is the first time she has not eaten her food since i got her 4 months ago. i will post the info sheet as well as some pictures, any advice/help is greatly appreciated.
Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - female veiled, 5-7 months
* Handling - Limited, she has a cage outside with a live umbrella plant that i put her in about 2 times a week to soak up some natural sun light
* Feeding - crickets every day, super-worms about twice a week, kale
* Supplements - repashy calcium + LOD dusted on crickets for every feeding
* Watering - automated mister every 6 hours for 60 seconds - max time on my automated mister ( on same timer as lights)
* Fecal Description - normal color and consistency, brown/black and white at the top
* History -N/A.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - extra large reptibreeze (24x24x48) also has a “lay bin” which is a 3 gallon bucket filled with a sand and eco earth mix
* Lighting - zoo-med 50 watt ”basking” heat bulb, 24 inch zoo-med t5 H-O with a 5.0uvb bulb
* Temperature - 81-84f basking 74-78f ambient
* Humidity - 50-55%humidity / digital hydrometer
* Plants - Artificial plants and vines with 1 small umbrella plant
* Placement - cage is located in the corner of my bedroom sitting directly on the floor. there is a fan on throughout the day and night.
* Location - south florida

Attachments

• 82470527-3A98-42A9-BDE2-84DFB84A73C3.jpeg
    82470527-3A98-42A9-BDE2-84DFB84A73C3.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 85
  • B547CFE0-C5A3-4CF7-A45C-3F610F5536D2.jpeg
    B547CFE0-C5A3-4CF7-A45C-3F610F5536D2.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 111
  • E5F78C0C-A0F5-4BA2-ACC7-F2C613A756E0.jpeg
    E5F78C0C-A0F5-4BA2-ACC7-F2C613A756E0.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 87
hello, i think my female cham is gravid, but i was told by another user earlier that she looks to be stressed.
for the past week or so she has been very active in her cage, basking for a short amount of time, then just exploring her cage and walking around, then repeating that process. she had also been displaying much different colors lately than she ever has been before. i switched her supplement about 2 weeks ago from zoo-ned calcium without d3 to repashy calcium + LOD and the last few days i noticed the bottom of her dewlap to be slightly swollen. i’ve read this can be from supplements or caused by being gravid. also, today she wouldn't eat her crickets which is the first time she has not eaten her food since i got her 4 months ago. i will post the info sheet as well as some pictures, any advice/help is greatly appreciated.
Chameleon Info:

* Your Chameleon - female veiled, 5-7 months
* Handling - Limited, she has a cage outside with a live umbrella plant that i put her in about 2 times a week to soak up some natural sun light
* Feeding - crickets every day, super-worms about twice a week, kale
* Supplements - repashy calcium + LOD dusted on crickets for every feeding
* Watering - automated mister every 6 hours for 60 seconds - max time on my automated mister ( on same timer as lights)
* Fecal Description - normal color and consistency, brown/black and white at the top
* History -N/A.

Cage Info:

* Cage Type - extra large reptibreeze (24x24x48) also has a “lay bin” which is a 3 gallon bucket filled with a sand and eco earth mix
* Lighting - zoo-med 50 watt ”basking” heat bulb, 24 inch zoo-med t5 H-O with a 5.0uvb bulb
* Temperature - 81-84f basking 74-78f ambient
* Humidity - 50-55%humidity / digital hydrometer
* Plants - Artificial plants and vines with 1 small umbrella plant
* Placement - cage is located in the corner of my bedroom sitting directly on the floor. there is a fan on throughout the day and night.
* Location - south florida
Hello there I did not post on your other thread because you had great keepers advising you . @Brodybreaux25 is a wonderful keeper and his advice should be taken . I do agree she did look to be upset . That can be do to anything , from your phone something on you she did not like to her not feeling well . A few thing I will say is get her up off the floor and she need much more foliage . You want to think canopy in the Amazonish . Had to find her . Also get her lay bin set up , ask as many question that come to mind .

Last edited:
Hello there I did not post on your other thread because you had great keepers advising you . @Brodybreaux25 is a wonderful keeper and his advice should be taken . I do agree she did look to be upset . That can be do to anything , from your phone something in you she did not like to her not feeling well . A few thing I will say is get her up off the floor and she need much more foliage . You want to think canopy in the Amazonish . Had to find her . Also get her lay bin set up , ask as many question that come to mind .
thank you, i will get her some more foliage tomorrow and find something to set her cage on as well. do you think this is worth a trip to the vet?

thank you, i will get her some more foliage tomorrow and find something to set her cage on as well. do you think this is worth a trip to the vet?
Try making the changes but also keep an eye on her . I think she is to exposed into low to the ground that would make for an unhappy girl . Don’t hesitate however to make her an appointment Just for a base line .

she’s been in this cage for quite awhile and never showed these colors though, could it just one day start bothering her?
Absolutely teens !!. You also changed her to Repashy I hear so many say they saw a huge change in coloring . I would get her bin set up however . Or if you have one add to her condo . Rather be safe then Sorry .

Absolutely teens !!. You also changed her to Repashy I hear so many say they saw a huge change in coloring . I would get her bin set up however . Or if you have one add to her condo . Rather be safe then Sorry .
she has a 3 gallon bin filled with play sand and evo earth with a small umbrella plant on one side of it, as i heard sometimes they like to lay eggs next to the roots. the plant is very small though, only about 10 inches tall.

So, discoids and green banana roaches are legal there. Just google either and you’ll find a multitude of sources. Discoids are basically the same as dubias in terms of care, ease, nutritional value and no-worry containment. Bananas are more tricky.

can you elaborate on this please. add a rock at the bottom of her bin?
You can they often dig till they find something hard there would be rocks and roots in their environment . Many keepers including my self will add a good size rock at the bottom of the lay bin then cover and add a plant . I my self also add a few branches . It’s not absolutely necessary .

So, discoids and green banana roaches are legal there. Just google either and you’ll find a multitude of sources. Discoids are basically the same as dubias in terms of care, ease, nutritional value and no-worry containment. Bananas are more tricky.
thank you, i will look into that :)

Back
Top Bottom