possibly stressed or gravid chameleon

You can they often dig till they find something hard there would be rocks and roots in their environment . Many keepers including my self will add a good size rock at the bottom of the lay bin then cover and add a plant . I my self also add a few branches . It’s not absolutely necessary .

thank you, i’m still debating wether or not i should take her to the vet. if i make appropriate changes to her cage and her colors stay the same, would you recommend i do?

In that first pic yes . Is she that way all the time or just for the photo ?
her colors have been much more vibrant for the past week. but not always as vibrant as the original photo. i will attach anger of taken today.

Attachments

• A6B10EBD-F351-4BA4-BEAD-5EA4B15CD40E.jpeg
    A6B10EBD-F351-4BA4-BEAD-5EA4B15CD40E.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 106
Perfect example of this with Beman earlier today. Becca painted her nails and Beman freaked as soon as he saw them. Took the polish off and tried again about 5min later, perfectly chilled.... they are all divas....

i had a green towel covering a hole the the top of her screen where her mister goes because crickets were escaping. do you think that could cause stress? it was bright lime green

i had a green towel covering a hole the the top of her screen where her mister goes because crickets were escaping. do you think that could cause stress? it was bright lime green
It could be so many thing . The flag , the new towel , the socks you walked by her with socks she hates you did not put her cup in the right place , she does not like your shirt today don’t ever wear that agin or else :rolleyes: or it could be she’s not feeling well .

It could be so many thing . The flag , the new towel , the socks you walked by her with socks she hates you did not put her cup in the right place , she does not like your shirt today don’t ever wear that agin or else :rolleyes: or it could be she’s not feeling well .
if that’s the case i will most likely take a trip to the vet on Monday lol

Lol their such characters . I just love the little girls . You could bring her in and have an x-ray for your peace of mind .
i will attach a picture taken September 4th, this is also the day i switched her supplement and the last day her color appeared to be normal. nothing has changed in her cage since this picture.

Attachments

• 3E476DEE-CB16-4ECD-89F4-0E17CD5F16C3.jpeg
    3E476DEE-CB16-4ECD-89F4-0E17CD5F16C3.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 107
i will attach a picture taken September 4th, this is also the day i switched her supplement and the last day her color appeared to be normal. nothing has changed in her cage since this picture.
She’s really round . Your feeding her daily and how many cricket ? How many days super worms and how many ? She really looks like she puffing her self in all the pics .

Ii am not a vet and this is just my understanding/idea of what happens during the egg production process...
At the beginning of the cycle, small follicles are found on the ovaries. The follicles begin to grow quickly and the yolk is added. When the follicles are mature they are expelled from the ovary (ovulate). So then the chameleon is gravid...so at the point where we can see that they are gravid (heavy and fat with eggs and with bulges just behind the legs) we want to keep the chameleon healthy so she can lay all the eggs... and I doubt that at that point more follicles are growing (again just my opinion)...so I don't cut them back on the amount of food that is fed every second day. I don't cut back until after the eggs have been laid and I have fed her well for the first couple of days after the eggs were laid to bring her back into better condition.
As I said...this is my opinion and you will have to decide what to do with your chameleon.

For the egglaying process...the chameleon may slow down on the eating just before she is ready to lay...she will likely roam the cage looking for a place to lay the eggs...she may drink more and bask more. Once the time is right she should dig a hole. She may even dig some test holes or dig the same hole until she's happy with it. She should then turn around butt down likely in the evening and lay the eggs. She may finish quickly or stay in the hole all night. When she's done laying she should fill he hole in and tamp the ground down and return to the branches hungry and thirsty and thin.

If it doesn't go this way she may be eggbound. If she is she will need a vet right away.

In a couple of photos she looks like she is gravid. The brownish gold splotches indicate maturity IMHO. Her flattened posture in some of the photos shows stress IMHO.
I hope is helps.

Back
Top Bottom